Easier way to switch active phone?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flaquito

We have a 2013 Leaf SL. My wife and I both have Android phones (Galaxy S7, Galaxy S9), and they are both paired to the car's bluetooth and work fine. However, the system will only connect to whichever phone it was connected to last, even if that phone is nowhere near in range. The only way that I've found to switch it is to go into the phone menu, go to Paired Phones, wait for it to timeout trying to pair to the currently-selected phone, select the other phone, then select Connect. This gets — to put it mildly — rather infuriating. Is there something I'm missing that would allow it to automatically connect to whichever phone is in range, or at least a quicker way of switching between them? Every other dual-paired system we've ever had just does that automatically.

Very odd: I remember my 2013 SL working the way you are asking for: it would pair to the phone in the car. If my wife took the car (and I wasn't there) it would pair to her Android. When I drove it to work the next morning, it would automatically pair to my Android. In fact, when we were both in the car at the same time, it would pair to the first phone in the list (which originally was hers, but I later swapped them to make it prefer mine).

How weird. Yup, that's exactly how I'd like ours to behave! I wonder if there's some setting somewhere that I haven't found yet.

Update: No settings related to bluetooth connectivity beyond paired phones. At least any that I was able to find.

Hopefully someone else will chime in. It could be I remembered wrong (but this would have annoyed me enough to remember).

I hope so, too. My wife and I switch cars very frequently, depending on who needs the range of the ICE, so this is a pretty constant annoyance.
(On the completely-unrelated plus side, at least we're the same height, and have the same seat position for driving!)

Now that I think about it, while the battery has been removed and caused things to be reset, I don't think I've ever done a full factory-reset on the head unit. Maybe I'll try that.

My 2013 LEAF SV behaves the same way and it IS annoying! Fortunately, my daughter now prefers using the AUX input so I don't have to fight over the BT connection as often. I don't think there is any way to change the default behavior, unless perhaps via LeafSpy, although that functionality doesn't currently exist.

Back