LEAF Music System Oddity - Screen Changes

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

I don't think anyone has posted this, but here's something that has been a little annoying with the music system on the LEAF. I'm assuming that this happens to everyone, but thought I'd post it to see...

Scenario:
I have a USB stick plugged in and music is playing. There are two ways to switch to the next track in the folder: Press the "down arrow" button to the right of the Nav screen, or press the steering wheel select switch down.

If you're looking at a non-music system screen such as Energy info, etc. then both of those button presses will get you the same results. The track advances, and the screen stays on what you're looking at.

However, here's the rub: If you're on the CD/Aux screen where the song information and list of folders is displayed, the track advance button to the right of the Nav works fine and advances the track. However, if you use the steering wheel advance button while you have the CD/Aux screen up, it advances the track but it switches the screen to a less desirable one (i.e. a screen that just shows the list of file names in the folder. Then you have to press CD/Aux to get back to the track info / folder list page.

So I find myself using the track advance button next to the Nav unit the most.

It's interesting, though, that both buttons act the same if you're on a non-music system screen....

Anyone else notice this?

Randy

DeaneG said:
All in all, does the Leaf seem better at handling an Ipod, or a USB stick?

ipod. It just allows you to sort your music more easily (by artist, song, album, etc). With the USB stick you can only navigate by folder name. That's why I went with a cheap ipod. But if you just want to shuffle all your music, or have a good way to organize all the songs into well named folders, the USB stick option can also work well.

-Peter

My current music library is organized by <folders> :

<artist name>
<album name>
song1.mp3
song2.mp3

If I just copy this file structure to a USB stick, will it be very useful in my (coming) Leaf?

Report the "Down Arrow/Select Switch" behavior to Nissan so that they can determine if that is what they intended.

Is there a Nissan LEAF-Bug reporting email address?

DeaneG said:
If I just copy this file structure to a USB stick, will it be very useful in my (coming) Leaf?
See the new sticky in this forum. Leaf shows only the lowest level directories ...

i agree. i have google maps on my Droid and use both when driving. i also have Nav on the Prius and found that using both is CRITICAL at times. both have inaccuracies as far as directions, best routes, etc.

so having two opinions has been a good thing.

Back