Android auto records itself talking, then will not send

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnpGerry

Brand new, 2018 Nissan Leaf SL, using Android auto:

1. I say "text laura"
2. AA says "ok whats the message?"
3. I say "just left work. Will be there in 20 minutes."
4. AA reads the text back as "whats the message? Just left work. Will be there in 20 minutes."

Then, there is no way to get it to send the text. Tried multiple variations of "send", "yes", "send it". etc.

Works fine using android auto by itself.

Motorola G4, Android 7

I have the same issue in My 18 Leaf... Try talking into the MIC (which I believe is in the sun-glass holder area) seems to work a bit better, At least it can send out the message. I use a Galaxy S8 - Android 8.
update - this did not solve the issue, but reducing the volume when the Android lady stars speaking seems to help... at least i can get over 75% success this way.

Same problem here. Speaking into the microphone is not a solution to the repetition of "what's the message" in the text body...

Yes, talking into the microphone does not help much... but it seems like this problem is not only on the Leaf, others are having similar issue. see link:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/android-auto/rE0ScsGRmIU

I am going to try using a native messaging app instead of android messages to see if this helps.

Back