Deactivating bluetooth

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat

Does anyone know how to deactivate bluetooth on the 2011 Leaf. I don't have a smart phone and never use bluetooth. My daughter was visiting from out of town and wanted to see if her new iPhone can play songs in the Leaf through bluetooth. She activated bluetooth and played her music for about a minute and then turned bluetooth off. I switch back and forth between audio CDs and my music on a USB drive. For the last five years I've only had to push the button once or twice to cycle through CD, AUX and USB. Now there's a fourth option that appears on that lowest button - bluetooth - that appears in the cycle. It's turned off, so I'm not worried about draining the battery, but it's a minor irritant to have to push the button an extra time every time I want to switch. I know it's a totally minor thing, but I'd like to deactivate it altogether so that menu doesn't appear in the button cycle. I've read through the navigation manual section on bluetooth and tried every combination of settings on bluetooth and can't get rid of it. Any suggestions?

baustin said:
I'm just guessing here, but you'll probably have to go into the bluetooth settings and delete the pairing with the iphone for it to disappear.
I don't know how to do that. I didn't see any such option when I looked at the settings. Can it be done without the phone? My daughter lives in Texas and went home, so I probably won't see her until Christmas.

EDIT: well, that turned out to be easy. I went back and deleted her iphone and the extra menu disappeared. The counterintuitive part for me was turning ON bluetooth in order to get rid of it.

Back