Navigation Update Failures

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearwt

I realize the majority of users are against updating their factory maps, but thought I'd share my experience:
Bottom line it appears that HERE is delivering defective cards - SD UNLOCK NG

I ordered the update and received the SD that did not work. I called HERE support and they said to take it to the dealer. I took it to the dealer and they felt it was a bad SD card. Went back to HERE and they sent a replacement (took weeks BTW). The second card arrived, same thing. HERE support insisted that it was necessary to take it back to the dealer. Thankfully the dealer was sympathetic to the situation and took another look and escalated it the Nissan chain. The dealer came back after several weeks and said that Nissan has identified the problem and is happening with other customers. The root cause is that HERE is making the SD cards incorrectly. Called HERE and they had no idea what I was talking about.
Thankfully everything works fine when I put the original SD card back in.

Any one else having this issue?

2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Sacramento CA

I've been holding off on getting the update until someone can confirm that it includes new maps. I called them about a year ago, and was told that the maps were only updated about every 18 months. I believe that they have switched to HERE for map updates since then, but am not sure. I tried emailing a few months ago, but never got an answer.

Dude, with all respect, that's insane. Garmin and/or cell phones are light years ahead of that abortion of a navigation system that Nissan installed. Even if they gave it to me for free I would rather choose an upgraded buggy whip.

Back