2011 LEAF and compatibility with newer Homelink garage door openers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wsbca

There are some nifty garage door openers on the market now (wifi enabled, don't need a separate system to see if you left the door open, apparently much quieter belt drive vs. screw).

One in particular, Chamberlain Model # HD950WF (1.25HP, belt drive, WIFI etc. etc.) has various comments in the Lowes and Home Depot reviews talking about the Homelink setup not being compatible with cars of a certain, not that old vintage, requiring an "adapter" that can cost on the order of $50. Some of the specific cars mentioned as working or not working are all right around either side of the vintage of our first year (2011) LEAF.

Specific warning from one review:

"warning that the opener uses Security+ 2.0, which is not compatible with older versions of HomeLink. Vehicles as new as 2011 may still have the older version of HomeLink and not work with this opener. You can purchase a HomeLink repeater to fix this issue. It installs in the garage and translates the old HomeLink commands."

Anybody have any experience with or knowledge of the compatibility of the first LEAFs with these new Chamberlain openers? I guess specifically, does anyone know if the 2011 LEAF has "Security+2.0" compatible homelink?

Thanks for any input.

I can't answer your question, but if it doesn't work, you could always buy a newer homelink mirror. Search gentex homelink on ebay.

Back