Plays well with big iPod?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pncguy

I am considering buying a used iPod Classic with at least 80G to hold my 20,000 song music library. However, I have read posts where the Leaf has limited ability to read lots of music off a USB drive.

Will the Leaf (with Nav) be able to play well with an 80G iPod? Specifically, will I be able to see all the songs, artists, playlists, etc, or will the car truncate what it allows me to play? Does anyone have hands-on experience with this?

My understanding is that you plug in the IPOD, the radio only "controls" the Ipod (e.g., search, next song, pause) and the Ipod provides the output of sound... When you have a memory stick, the radio needs to make sense of the files, which is where the problem might happen. Sounds like the ipod is a great idea. I had a 120gb classic, and loved it. But don't try to search for songs while you are driving... :D :D

I have an old old 60gb iPod and it works great. The iPod itself is possessed and displays the Nissan logo do you can't use the actual iPod.

There is no search only scroll through alphabetical lists. But you can make playlists.

Back