Sell used NAV SD card?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndg

I recently purchased a used 2013 leaf S and in the bag that charger is in there was an SD card. The SD card is labeled 12-13Y USA/Canada. I have read that some dealers can reprogram them for a fee. Is it worth my time to try to sell it? How much should I sell it for?

TomT said:
It has to be married to the car at purchase so it likely has no resale value...
Well, except to that ONE vehicle owner out there that bought a used LEAF without the card and you have the very one matched to that car. Now, how to find that owner???? :D

LOL. On the envelop it came in, the last 6 of the vin are written on it. just for fun, can I search by leaf number here?

This has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard about. They always seem to remove these cards so they won't get stolen :roll: ...but they are useless to anyone who doesn't have that exact car, and it seems like a significant number of used LEAFS end being sold without the cards because of the removal, not because of theft.

Do a Google search like this: "site:mynissanleaf.com 012345" and it should find the number if some user has posted it or listed it in their profile.

davewill said:
Do a Google search like this: "site:mynissanleaf.com 012345" and it should find the number if some user has posted it or listed it in their profile.

The google-fu is strong with this one. Thanks for the tip even though I didn't find anything. To the junk drawer this SD card will go.

Might want to post the vin digits... never know the owner might find the tread and contact you.

Back