Nissan Leaf 2015 Garage parking using Around View Mirror

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumanta

This video gives a quick tour of my small shop. Around View Mirror has been very helpful in parking the car in a small space.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXcDZru-FCI[/youtube]

Cheers!
Sumanta

I didn't even really understand what the premium Package was when I got my Leaf, but the AV system is indeed fantastic. One drawback, if it's any consolation: you get so used to using it that you lose skill in parking without it. I recently banged the front bumper of my friend's PIP into a high curb when parking it - no front camera...

haha, well there's that I suppose. :D

Yeah, I had no idea what premium package meant either when I went in. And I actually spent a fair amount of time researching. I think I saw a standard backup camera on the lowest trim and assumed there was no way a feature would be removed as you went up in trim levels. haha

My tip to Nissan salesmen who want to option a car up: just sit the buyer down in a loaded Leaf and show them the around view monitor. If my dealer had done that, I probably would have added $100 to my monthly payment for it.

My salesman did just that, but opting for the SL + premium package only added about $45/mo over the SV I was looking at (IIRC).

jlv said:
My salesman did just that, but opting for the SL + premium package only added about $45/mo over the SV I was looking at (IIRC).
To this day, I remain pissed at Nissan for their ridiculous decision -- starting midway through the 2014 model year -- to stop allowing BOTH the QC/LED AND Premium Packages on the SV trim level. Now, it's either one or the other, but not both. Want both?... get the SL. Don't like a leather interior? Well tough sh^t!

IMHO, once you have the Around-View Monitor, it's tough to get behind the wheel of anything that lacks it. And that CHAdeMO port up front is what allows a West Virginia Leaf and its hillbilly driver to come out of the mountains and venture into the big cities of Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD LOL! Luckily, I had enough foresight to get both on my 2013 SV while the gettin' was good. At this point, I'd have a VERY hard time living without either, which is why I'm planning to extend my lease (up in August of this year) for as long as possible or purchase the car outright if I can somehow get it for substantially less than the $21,000 residual.

It's a shame too. I'd love to grab another 2 year SV lease to tide me over to the promised-land of 2017, but Nissan will no longer sell me the Leaf I want (i.e. both option packages / no leather interior).

EngravEER said:
jlv said:
To this day, I remain pissed at Nissan for their ridiculous decision -- starting midway through the 2014 model year -- to stop allowing BOTH the QC/LED AND Premium Packages on the SV trim level. Now, it's either one or the other, but not both. Want both?... get the SL. Don't like a leather interior? Well tough sh^t!

IMHO, once you have the Around-View Monitor, it's tough to get behind the wheel of anything that lacks it. And that CHAdeMO port up front is what allows a West Virginia Leaf and its hillbilly driver to come out of the mountains and venture into the big cities of Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD LOL! Luckily, I had enough foresight to get both on my 2013 SV while the gettin' was good. At this point, I'd have a VERY hard time living without either, which is why I'm planning to extend my lease (up in August of this year) for as long as possible or purchase the car outright if I can somehow get it for substantially less than the $21,000 residual.

It's a shame too. I'd love to grab another 2 year SV lease to tide me over to the promised-land of 2017, but Nissan will no longer sell me the Leaf I want (i.e. both option packages / no leather interior).
I'm right there with ya on that one. I have a '13 SV + both packages, as it is perfect for us to have all the tech features but we hate leather seats. We are extending our lease another year partly because we can no longer get a Leaf in the configuration we want! I'm hoping something changes a year from now (ha!) or it may push us into buying it out... Hoping for a residual decrease by then though too!

iluvmacs said:
EngravEER said:
jlv said:

I'm right there with ya on that one. I have a '13 SV + both packages, as it is perfect for us to have all the tech features but we hate leather seats. We are extending our lease another year partly because we can no longer get a Leaf in the configuration we want! I'm hoping something changes a year from now (ha!) or it may push us into buying it out... Hoping for a residual decrease by then though too!
LOL! I'm an only child, but I must have a soul brother living in Madison Wisconsin.

Looks like you have an Ocean Blue 2013 SV with both option packages and got it on June 22, 2013. We have an Ocean Blue 2013 SV with both option packages and drove it home on June 19, 2013. (Our lease is up August 1st because the dealership screwed-up the paperwork, giving us essentially an extra free 1.5 months on our lease!)

According to your profile, you also have a 2012 Toyota Prius Plug-In in Winter Gray. We also have a 2012 Toyota Prius Plug-In... in Winter Gray ;-)

And neither of us (along with a bunch of other folks I'm sure) can currently upgrade into a new Leaf lease because Nissan will no longer build the car we'd be happy to give them money for. Go figure :roll:

Back