NAVTraffic showing Traffic flow/Traffic Text Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPUTNIK57

Has anyone subscribed to the Sirius XM NAVTraffic subscription on a 2014 Leaf and have it show Traffic Flow information on the NAV screen? For example it should show major highways with either Red, Yellow, or Green depending on Traffic flow. I have another vehicle in my household that has a NAVTraffic and it works perfectly. In addition on the Leaf NAV when I click on Traffic Information button I need to do it at least twice until the text traffic information is populated. I saw one other post in the forum on a 2011 Leaf showing the flow information but nothing on a new Leaf. The dealer looked at it and of course came back stating it's working properly.

SPUTNIK57 said:
I saw one other post in the forum on a 2011 Leaf showing the flow information but nothing on a new Leaf. The dealer looked at it and of course came back stating it's working properly.

It works fine on my 2011.

Aside from the color lines showing traffic flow being missing, if I'm not getting XM traffic at all I don't see a "Traffic" button on the left of the touchscreen (about 4/5ths the way up - see attached picture). Seeing that button still there is one of the ways I make sure it's still working, rather than the feed being down for some reason. Do you see that button?

Of course, I've no clue about the newer cars, and YMMV.

Attachments

• nissan_100317239_m.jpg
    nissan_100317239_m.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 115
Exactly, I referenced the 2014 manual at the dealer and showed the page numbers you referenced. I get the "Traffic" text on the NAV screen with the subscription with NAVTraffic but do not get the "Traffic" text when I am not subscribed. The dealer checked it out on a 2015 Leaf and it had the same symptoms as my 2014. You might get a few text traffic reports but the traffic flow never shows up on the NAV. All software is up to date according to the dealer and they think the 2014 owners manual that references it may no longer be an option. I also opened up a case with Nissan before I went to the dealer so at this point I must be out of luck.

On our first LEAF I subscribed for one year to traffic but ultimately let it lapse. I have found that the same traffic function on Google Maps has more updated info by about 5-10 minutes. 5-10 minutes delay can be HUGE in terms of trying to avoid major traffic snarls.

cgaydos said:
On our first LEAF I subscribed for one year to traffic but ultimately let it lapse. I have found that the same traffic function on Google Maps has more updated info by about 5-10 minutes. 5-10 minutes delay can be HUGE in terms of trying to avoid major traffic snarls.
Do you use your cell phone for google maps traffic or the one in Leaf navigation to download. I have not done that yet.

piseas said:
cgaydos said:
Do you use your cell phone for google maps traffic or the one in Leaf navigation to download. I have not done that yet.

Cell phone. The download capability is for routes, not real-time traffic updates.

Back