voice in car is worse than useless

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nerys

I have never in my life found a voice activation system more absolutely useless than thus one

In fact I consider it outright dangerous. It is so absolutely badly designed you NEED to actually look at the screen to use it. The opposite of such systems purpose!

Is there anyway to make the voice button instead activate the voice rec on my phone (it actually works)

Suggestions?

Yes, the available voice commands on the '13 and before Leafs are pretty bad. Most of the commands are useless (really? I want to have it read me the GOM value?) and it's a step backwards in functionality from what's on my 06 Prius.

Don't know about the improvements on the '14+ Leafs, as I never tried their voice recognition nor looked at their vocabulary.

I had a Garmin unit from 2009 that had better speech recognition implementation than the one in the LEAF. It's embarrassing to see how weak Nissan was in this area, considering this is supposed to be a high tech car.

All I wanted to do was say call dad. Holy crap what a fubar'd process that was. I will never use it again.

If you have an iPhone, you can use Siri to do voice dialing. You just have to push the home button on the phone to get it to work. And yes the voice commands built-in to the LEAFs radio are terrible.

Back