iOS 8 Handsfree issues

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sevenx7

has anyone noticed that with the upgrade to iOS 8, they have lost handsfree capabilities?
I was running iOS 8 beta firmwares and it was fine, The day I upgraded to the GM release, handsfree stopped working.
I wonder if the was a bluetooth baseband upgrade. Just wondering if its me or everyone...

I just upgraded to the iPhone 6 (iOS 8 already included) and so far I'm not having any issues between that and the Leaf's Bluetooth capabilities. Both phone and audio connections are working.

If you have problems with your BT connectivity after the upgrade, then delete your old iPhone profile from your LEAF and re-pair it. That should fix any connectivity issues you have.

Anyone have any ideas what to do if deleting the connection from both the car and the phone, then re-pairing, doesn't work? Apple Store says there's no going back to the previous OS...

hawkeye1824 said:
Anyone have any ideas what to do if deleting the connection from both the car and the phone, then re-pairing, doesn't work? Apple Store says there's no going back to the previous OS...

I tried a different iPhone 5s with the iOS 8.0.2 upgrade and it paired fine … for your phone I would also reset all the network connections Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings which we'll make sure any latent connection info preventing the phone to connect get erased as well. You'll need to re-enter your WiFi passwords, etc. but should work; also be sure to go to patch 8.0.2 which just became available.

redLEAF said:
hawkeye1824 said:

I tried a different iPhone 5s with the iOS 8.0.2 upgrade and it paired fine … for your phone I would also reset all the network connections Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings which we'll make sure any latent connection info preventing the phone to connect get erased as well. You'll need to re-enter your WiFi passwords, etc. but should work; also be sure to go to patch 8.0.2 which just became available.

I've been following this issue on the Apple tech support forums, and this issue seems to be wide spread across many automobile makes. One thing that seems to work is to delete the pairing from both the car and the phone, then do a full back-up of the phone. Next, go into phone settings>General>Reset>Reset all setting. This should take care of the problem. Next you can do a restore of your backup, and everything should be fine. Apple implemented a the bluetooth 4.0 stack with this release, and there seems to be some issues with that version. I expect that there will be another 8.0.x release out soon to fix this bug.

Thanks OrientExpress and redLeaf!! I'm gonna try the Network settings reset first, and if that fails I'll try the greater reset.

OrientExpress said:
Next, go into phone settings>General>Reset>Reset all setting. This should take care of the problem.
If you use/depend on iCloud Drive Documents (I don't use it), I'd be very wary of doing that because of the claims at http://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/29/reset-all-settings-icloud-drive-bug/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I have no idea if it's true nor do I really care.

If you do use/depend on the above, I'd research the above issue and whether the claims are true before proceeding...

cwerdna said:
OrientExpress said:
Next, go into phone settings>General>Reset>Reset all setting. This should take care of the problem.
If you use/depend on iCloud Drive Documents (I don't use it), I'd be very wary of doing that because of the claims at http://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/29/reset-all-settings-icloud-drive-bug/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I have no idea if it's true nor do I really care.

If you do use/depend on the above, I'd research the above issue and whether the claims are true before proceeding...

Make sure you are completely logged out of iCloud before resetting the device.

Network reset didn't work... I guess the master reset is next. And I got it... Log out of iCloud first!!

Wish me luck?!

Good luck, but don't feel bad if it does not work for you, this is obviously a iOS8.0.X issue. Every car forum I subscribe to has this issue as a hot one right now.

If you want to start from scratch and reload your iPhone back up to the way it was before, that is another solution, but anyone migrating from iOS7.X or to an iPhone6 is going to have this issue if they just move their stuff.

I've made some backdoor calls to friends on the iPhone team, and they are aware of this, but no idea when a new OS release will be pushed with the fix.

This is just one more data point. These instructions posted on the Apple Support Forum worked for me:

"Go into the phone and remove the vehicle from the Bluetooth list. Turn Bluetooth off, and do a reset on the phone. Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. The phone will reboot. Then go into the vehicle and remove the iPhone from the list of paired devices. Turn the vehicle off and then back on again. Place the vehicle's system into discovery/pairing mode. Go into Settings on the phone and turn Bluetooth on. The devices should see each other. Time when there is an iOS update, the Bluetooth devices will not always reset correctly."

Good luck!
Alan

Thanks for the tip Alan, but other than the force restart i couldn't get it to work...

I did the full system reset, then restored my backup... It worked!!

I'm back in business!! Thanks everyone!

OrientExpress said:
Good luck, but don't feel bad if it does not work for you, this is obviously a iOS8.0.X issue. Every car forum I subscribe to has this issue as a hot one right now.
Yeah... http://www.macrumors.com/2014/10/01/ios-8-bluetooth-connectivity-issues/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; seems to confirm this.

Back