SiriusXM radio quit

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdunmyer

The other day, my radio had a brain fart and lost its subscription/activation information. All the presets went to "Sirius Preview". I called the number listed under the "Info" button and got a very helpful fella, but we had a lot of trouble getting the radio to take the "refresh" signal that he sent. As it turned out, I think it probably worked the first time, but I expected the presets to return to what they were. That apparently was too much to hope for; when I manually hit the Tune button, the radio went to Channel 279 or somesuch and was picking up the programming. All I had to do then was reprogram the presets.

Apparently, the loss of activation isn't unheard of, as Sirius has a Web Page where you can take care of this on your own. The guy pointed me to http://www.siriusxm.com/refresh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; where you can get the signal sent w/o bothering Tech Support. Just be aware that your presets will be gone.

FWIW: I had to wait only a few minutes for T.S. to come on the line, and the guy was helpful and patient. However, he was unaware of the problem with my presets, this is probably an issue with the Leaf radio and may or may not affect other systems. For that matter, it's possible that the radio didn't actually lose its activation, maybe just the presets.

Just a headsup and FYI:

TomT,
This is only my second satellite radio, the first being in my VW that I bought in October of 2013. Since getting the Leaf, I hardly drive it, of course.

Pulled the Leaf out of the garage, where the satellite radio is dead (metal building), it came to life, then the usual Nissan message popped up, something about sending info to the Mother Ship. There was an "I agree" button, which I tapped, causing the screen to disappear, along with the radio reception. The presets all were set to "Sirius Preview".

There's a possibility that the only problem was with the presets, that the radio was still active. I'll know more if/when it happens again. It was surprising to me that the radio lost its connection, but I suppose I shouldn't have been.

You don't lose the presets because of a refresh, but you will lose your presets and radio authorization if the 12 volts to the infotainment system is interrupted for some reason.

I've disconnected the 12 volt battery on my Leaf a number of times (think A/C firmware bug) and have yet to loose the presets...

DarkStar said:
You don't lose the presets because of a refresh, but you will lose your presets and radio authorization if the 12 volts to the infotainment system is interrupted for some reason.

TomT said:
I've disconnected the 12 volt battery on my Leaf a number of times (think A/C firmware bug) and have yet to loose the presets...

DarkStar said:
Hmm... Every time I've disconnected my battery I've lost my presets...

I take it that the Leaf radio doesn't have that anti-theft "feature" where you have to enter a code if the power is interrupted..?? My old Jetta radios had that, both the 1991 and the 2000. My wife's Chevy Venture mini-van was like that, and it takes nearly an act of Congress to obtain the code if you don't have it. We bought that car (very) used, didn't have the code, but fortunately, she didn't care if the radio worked or not.

Ha! We are lucky to have it even be sophisticated enough to support FM Stereo! It really is a piece of crap by modern standards. :lol:

jdunmyer said:
I take it that the Leaf radio doesn't have that anti-theft "feature" where you have to enter a code if the power is interrupted..??

Actually, I'm quite happy with the radio. It's the first satellite unit I've ever had, wouldn't have bought it except it was included in my Leaf, but I can't imagine returning to simple AM/FM/CD player. Yeah, I'm pretty unsophisticated, but so be it.

I do love the Leaf!

Back