Controlling the Radio Presets from the steering wheel

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankron

So I just got my Nissan Leaf on Monday, and I set up my radio presets to the stations I like to listen to, but the little switch on the steering wheel to move from preset to preset seems to go in the wrong direction.

If I'm listening to the station at preset #3 and I press the switch UP, it goes to preset #2. I sort of understand the logic here, because the presets are listed from top to bottom on the screen, and pressing the switch up moves the selection up, but honestly this is driving me crazy.

Most of the time, I'm switching the presets and I'm NOT looking at this screen, and when I press the switch UP I want the radio to go to the next station UP in my list, meaning to move from preset #3 to preset #4. I'm going to a larger number, and I'm going to a larger-numbered radio station.

Any way to reverse this control? Like I said, it's driving me crazy....

garymelora said:
How about arranging the presets so the highest frequency station is #1, and go down from there.

Yeah, I thought about doing that, and I probably will if I can't get it to change. It just rubs me the wrong way that this is backwards..... I'm hoping that there is some way to configure the direction in the service manual or something.....

Back