Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Re: How to stop iPhone automatically playing when connected?

Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:22 pm

Create an .mp3 with 60 minutes of silence :)
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

Ogi

Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:02 pm

Actually this behaviour is one of the few thing that I actually do like about the iphone.

For me, I use my phone to listen to podcasts or music in the car via bluethooth, and what you get is a literally hands-free experience, because as long as you have the bluetooth on when you get in the car, it just starts playing, leaving you free to do drive.

In contrast, when I had an Android phone for a while (Samsung S4) it was a struggle to get the thing to connect to bluetooth in the car consistently, let alone automatically. I preferred the Galaxy phone in all other respects, but being a podcast freak, I like this seamless experience with the bluetooth on the iphone.

As an aside to this, the reason I dont use the mini-jack plugin, is I find that it doesnt really improve audio quality discernibly - not on the Samsung and not on the iphone either. Which I found surprising, but in that case well bluetooth all the way. So auto-play is a huge plus.

I realise that bluetooth audio is not a lossless quality, but I think that really says a lot about how bad the analog plug-in quality is. Whether this is down to the analog audio circuit in the car or the quality of the line-out on smartphones, I dont know. But it is what it is.

piseas
Delivery Date: 01 Feb 2015
Leaf Number: 315128

Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:57 am

BerryK wrote:Good news! I found that if I plug in the iPhone BEFORE "starting" the car, it doesn't auto-play.

My Prius and my new Leaf do the same thing with Iphone. I will try your suggestion. Thanks.
2015 SL(First Nissan)
Pearl White-Premium Package-All Options
Purchased 1-2-15 w/ included Free Home L2 Charging Station
HomeTown-SoCal

fletch1027
Delivery Date: 30 Nov 2014
Leaf Number: 318643

Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:26 pm

BerryK wrote:Good news! I found that if I plug in the iPhone BEFORE "starting" the car, it doesn't auto-play.

I tried it this morning and it still queued up the music even when plugging it in before starting the car... :cry:

Ogi

Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:09 pm

I should a new data point - since my last post I went back to Android again (move from Iphone 5S to new Samsung Note 4).

The bluetooth behaviour on the Android is much better now - it now autoconnects and autoplays if you have bluetooth turned on and your podcast or music paused.

Also found that in the bluetooth settings of the Note 4 there is also a toggle to turn of the autoplay/autoconnect if you prefer that.

Nekota
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2182

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:25 pm

BerryK wrote:Hi. I searched this section AND the Navigation owners manual without finding a solution.

When I connect my iPhone to a USB cable plugged into my 2014 LEAF, it starts playing music right away. If I'm ALREADY listening to the radio, this is very annoying.

Is there a way to disable this automatic switching of the audio source?

I use a charger plug placed in the aux power source for charging with USB cables. Since there is no data connection it will not trigger the internal audio switch over. Yes it is not a software solution and you will have to buy a power plug, I have been using a two port model - e.g.

http://store.griffintechnology.com/ipho ... rsal-micro

So I can have phone and dedicated android for logging data from the LEAF Spy application.
Res 20Apr2010 / Ordered 27Sep2010 / Delivered 12May2011

PV System

UBUYGAS
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 20 Apr 2013
Leaf Number: 404190

Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:52 pm

I don't use the USB Jack at all. I use BT to spool music to the LEAF and if I need to charge I have Y cigarette lighter adapter plugged into the 12V Cig Lighter plug with a Dual USB car charger.

6400 reviews, 4.5 stars : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0088U ... UTF8&psc=1

And I use one of these because I need to plug in my DashCAM as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Roadpro-Platinum- ... r+splitter
Do you know the EV RULES?

Learn them today by clicking here: http://EV-RULES.com

Return to “Music / Navigation / Handsfree”