Amp in a Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceejayc7

Apologizes in advance if this has been asked before, but I didn't find any specific info on it.

In the attempts to upgrade the sound quality on my 2013 Nissan Leaf SV, I decided to swap out the the stock door speakers with aftermarket speakers. After doing so, I have definitely noticed an upgrade in sound quality, but I am still not satisfied with the results. It seems to me that in order to get the type of quality that I want, then I'll have to install an amp.

I've read multiple threads about people installing amplifiers in a Leaf and I had a few questions with regards to that.

• Range
  • My main concern is that installing an amp in a Leaf will kill the short driving range that the Leaf has to offer. Does anyone know this to be the case? How much will installing an amp affect my range?
  • If the above is true, are there low-voltage amplifiers that are recommended?

• Installation
  • From the multiple car audio places that I've phoned here in the Bay Area (California), I haven't seen any place that has had experience with installing an amp in a Leaf. Any decent recommendations?

Thanks for any help :)

Your car uses anywhere from 20,000 to 80,000 watts when stepping on the accelerator...

Most average car stereo amps would consume in the range of a few hundred watts at most, but will probably use much less when generating low volume sound...That will not affect your range at all...

Install a quality digital amp. I happen to have a new JL audio XD-700/5 that I was going to use in my LEAF but never put in :D . Also a very compact JL sub never used as well. Several people here have used this amp in a LEAF as it is compact, efficient and high quality. If you are interested send me a PM.

EVDRIVER said:
Install a quality digital amp. I happen to have a new JL audio XD-700/5 that I was going to use in my LEAF but never put in :D . Also a very compact JL sub never used as well. Several people here have used this amp in a LEAF as it is compact, efficient and high quality. If you are interested send me a PM.

How much would you be willing to sell it for?

Back