FM frequencies from US to European decimals

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jexpert

Just bought a 2012 Leaf from the US and having it shipped to Greenland as we speak.
Did some research on the differences between a EU Leaf and a US Leaf and it seems that the FM frequencies are going to be a problem. Only odd frequencies are selectable on the radio and most of our local radio stations are on even frequencies ( e.g. 93.0 , 105.0 MHz.).

I read somewhere that it wasn't possible to change this setting, but I think I also read that somebody did a hack to the Radio System in order to solve this?

Anybody with a link or similar?

TIA

I suspect this will not be a problem due to the PLL used in the tuner. Just try the odd frequencies on either side of the desired station, one will probably latch in just fine.

-Phil

Ingineer said:
I suspect this will not be a problem due to the PLL used in the tuner. Just try the odd frequencies on either side of the desired station, one will probably latch in just fine.
I believe that close is only good enough in horseshoes & hand grenades.

Frequencies USA and EU do not match. To do this, you need to open the audio system, for its rework.

Jexpert said:
Just bought a 2012 Leaf from the US and having it shipped to Greenland as we speak.
Did some research on the differences between a EU Leaf and a US Leaf and it seems that the FM frequencies are going to be a problem. Only odd frequencies are selectable on the radio and most of our local radio stations are on even frequencies ( e.g. 93.0 , 105.0 MHz.).

I read somewhere that it wasn't possible to change this setting, but I think I also read that somebody did a hack to the Radio System in order to solve this?

Anybody with a link or similar?

TIA

I know this is an old post, but another concern would be with the charging of the vehicle.

Europe has different voltages than USA so you want to make sure those are compatible.

I know with Tesla, you cannot do this, so you definitely want to make sure this is an option!

RScottyL said:
I know this is an old post, but another concern would be with the charging of the vehicle.

Europe has different voltages than USA so you want to make sure those are compatible.

I know with Tesla, you cannot do this, so you definitely want to make sure this is an option!

That would only be an issue if you used the OEM charging cable that comes with the car, because it's only rated for 100-120 volts. However, you can have someone upgrade that to accept 240 volt power. Some folks have done this themselves.

During the Leaf's early years, many were imported from North America to Europe, particularly Norway. My understanding is that even EU-spec Leafs use the same J1772 charging port as we do, and there are adapter cables that let you plug them into the public charging ports which use a Mennekes plug.

Back