Driver Alert Period?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

like2bike

In the Trip Computer, Alarms section, there is a "Driver Alert Period" which can be set for Off, 0.5 hr, 1hr, etc. I can't figure out what this is and the manual doesn't help. Can anyone explain this setting?

like2bike said:
In the Trip Computer, Alarms section, there is a "Driver Alert Period" which can be set for Off, 0.5 hr, 1hr, etc. I can't figure out what this is and the manual doesn't help. Can anyone explain this setting?

Yes, it's actually pretty comical. I believe you are referring to the "cup of coffee" alert. It is designed to get the driver's attention by sounding off and displaying a cup of coffee icon when the car has been driven for a time period exceeding the preset limit. Like you're going to drive a car with quite limited range for enough hours to get drowsy. Comical, right?

Boomer23 said:
like2bike said:

Yes, it's actually pretty comical. I believe you are referring to the "cup of coffee" alert. It is designed to get the driver's attention by sounding off and displaying a cup of coffee icon when the car has been driven for a time period exceeding the preset limit. Like you're going to drive a car with quite limited range for enough hours to get drowsy. Comical, right?

I see why they didn't waste to many words in the manual on it! They don't show a cup-of-coffee icon in the list of indicators though. I'll have to try it when I am driving at least a 1/2 hr and see what happens.

like2bike said:
Boomer23 said:
like2bike said:

I see why they didn't waste to many words in the manual on it! They don't show a cup-of-coffee icon in the list of indicators though. I'll have to try it when I am driving at least a 1/2 hr and see what happens.

So, what is it? Heh.. I just spent some time looking in the manual for the same thing, and couldn't find anything, other than keeping it at -, as it is the default.

I got the S, When I read that Alert item in the manual I had same thought as the GPS in a Leaf.

I have a car that can go 80 miles. I know where i'm going with-in that range, A GPS?

Would be cool when the Coffee Alert comes up it send it over to the Nav (GPS) system, and maps out a path to the nearest Starbucks..

It is just a warning that you have been driving too long without taking a break. With the Leaf range it is not needed since you have to stop to charge after awhile anyhoo. I have the S with no GPS. I don't miss the GPS since I usually like using Waze anyway to get their advanced traffic info.

Back