How do I get my Cell phone book on to my Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Temilotzin21

I have a Samsung Alias, Charge and Nexus, they all paired just fine but I can't figure out how to download their phone books so I know who is calling. How do I get the names to transfer so I can use the voice command to make calls? Thanks for the help. :?:

I have not tried this on my Leaf yet, but for Android devices, with my 2007 Prius, I was able to transfer the device phonebook to the car using a free app called "bluetooth file transfer".

madbrain said:
I have not tried this on my Leaf yet, but for Android devices, with my 2007 Prius, I was able to transfer the device phonebook to the car using a free app called "bluetooth file transfer".

I tried it and this program was not necessary on my Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G running Android 4.0 phone .

After pairing the phone and the car, I just clicked "download phonebook" on my Leaf LCD.
Then I got a request on the phone that I had to approve. Once I accepted, the transfer started. About a minute later, a couple hundred entries were added into the car phonebook.
Could not have been simpler.

I wish there was a way to only sync one group and not the whole phone contact list. I really don't need everyone at work on my car, but it would be good to have all of my good friends.

My experience was a tad different, but then I'm using an iPhone5 and not an Android device. However, what I learned might be helpful to others. The process was simple: follow the LEAF prompts after the iPhone is paired with the car. Very easy, but some interesting things occurred:

1- the LEAF can only store 300 entries. If your address book is larger, it will stop uploading when it reaches 300.
2- Since you can pair 5 bluetooth devices, per conversation with a Nissan LEAF support person, you can actually upload 1500 entries, 300 per device. Unfortunately, you cannot combine this maximum in any useful way. And, you can only use one set of 300 from whichever device is paired at the time.
3- In my iPhone Contacts application I have a couple thousand entries sync'd across multiple other devices. To weed this down to only 300, I created a subgroup of entries, which I (so cleverly, I know) called "LEAF." I copied the entries into this group that I'm most likely to use in the car. Then, after you've paired the phone to the car, open the Contacts application on the iPhone, open the "LEAF" subgroup, and THEN upload the entries. Worked quickly, got everything, and life is better once again.

BlacklickBob said:
Unfortunately, you cannot combine this maximum in any useful way. And, you can only use one set of 300 from whichever device is paired at the time.
3- In my iPhone Contacts application I have a couple thousand entries sync'd across multiple other devices. To weed this down to only 300, I created a subgroup of entries, which I (so cleverly, I know) called "LEAF." I copied the entries into this group that I'm most likely to use in the car. Then, after you've paired the phone to the car, open the Contacts application on the iPhone, open the "LEAF" subgroup, and THEN upload the entries. Worked quickly, got everything, and life is better once again.

Very cool and useful tip. Thanks.

BlacklickBob said:
My experience was a tad different, but then I'm using an iPhone5 and not an Android device. However, what I learned might be helpful to others. The process was simple: follow the LEAF prompts after the iPhone is paired with the car. Very easy, but some interesting things occurred:

1- the LEAF can only store 300 entries. If your address book is larger, it will stop uploading when it reaches 300.
2- Since you can pair 5 bluetooth devices, per conversation with a Nissan LEAF support person, you can actually upload 1500 entries, 300 per device. Unfortunately, you cannot combine this maximum in any useful way. And, you can only use one set of 300 from whichever device is paired at the time.

I wasn't able to get this to work with my iPhone 4S. I had a small group called LEAF open when I transferred contacts, but it still tried to transfer my whole address book, and stopped at 300. I use iCloud for my contacts, I wonder if that makes a difference?

Can you please give us more detail of how you did it?

Bob,

What app did you use to create a subgroup of your contacts? I have an iPhone 4.

Many thanks,

Stan

I have the iPhone 5 - can't get just the subgroup Leaf to download. I've chosen it from the address book on my phone, and even tried choosing it from my phone section of my iphone - no luck. Help! Thanks, LauraA

SalisburySam said:

This is quite clever! I want to try this with my Android phone. But first, since my last 300 got loaded, the phone book is full. Anybody has figured out how to clear the phonebook? or Nissan is still working on interface 1 projects :) The overall user interface on every where is much inferior to Toyota Hybrid of 2007 model!! They could have simply looked how things were being done by others :)

Back