2018 Carplay plug in sequence

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ntutak

I just got my 2018 Leaf and every time I try to launch Carplay it asks me to unplug and plug my phone again. Is there a proper timing or sequence to plug in your phone to avoid plugging it in, unplugging, and plugging in again to use Carplay?

I have kind of the same problem in my 2018, but when I plug my iPhone up sometimes CarPlay just doesn't start at all (though the logo is on my phone). I've found that I have to wait until the LEAF's system has completely booted up before I plug in the phone, and then 9 times out of 10 it works normally. Maybe give that a shot, if you haven't already. I believe it's probably something in the firmware that'll need to updated.

I have also had this issue with my 2018 Leaf. About 50% of the time is connects and the other 50% I have to unplug and plug it back in. I know it's not an issue with my phone or the cord as I rented a Ford Expedition SUV a couple weeks ago for one week. It had Carplay and it work flawlessly every time for the whole week. Also, the Ford would go directly to the Carplay screen. On the Leaf, it always defaults to the Leaf's system. Very annoying that it won't go directly to Carplay. So, it's obviously a bug in Nissan's firmware and needs to be fixed.

Is there a way to contact Nissan about this other than going to my local dealer, which will probably be waste of an entire day?

This seems to happen with poor quality cables. I use an Anker cable and it always works first time.

DavidGA said:
This seems to happen with poor quality cables. I use an Anker cable and it always works first time.
I know it's not the cable as it's an apple cable and as I mentioned before, it worked perfect for a week in the rental car. If you're not having an issue, then it may be a hardware problem with my car.

I assume you have a 2018 Leaf?

Back