iPhone Text Messages

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Everybody! I have recently gotten the text feature working on my iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3, today not only were my text coming over the Bluetooth, I was getting all my emails as notifications as if they were text. Any ideas?

I am not sure if it's a 2015 feature, but I have it working again in my 2015 SV. My new issue since I updated to iOS9 is, It reads my emails as well as texts, which I find very annoying! I have read that the notifications can be set by group, so If I define "Favorites" as a group in my contacts, the email notification should go away!

vwDavid: If you are on an iPhone, go to:

Settings
Bluetooth
Select Leaf (Whatever your Bluetooth Name is)
Press the (i)
Select Show Notifications

That should make the Texts work!

bam252 said:
I am not sure if it's a 2015 feature, but I have it working again in my 2015 SV. My new issue since I updated to iOS9 is, It reads my emails as well as texts, which I find very annoying! I have read that the notifications can be set by group, so If I define "Favorites" as a group in my contacts, the email notification should go away!

vwDavid: If you are on an iPhone, go to:

Settings
Bluetooth
Select Leaf (Whatever your Bluetooth Name is)
Press the (i)
Select Show Notifications

That should make the Texts work!

That's hilarious, verbally reads your emails! those of us with pre- '15's don't even get text messages read, my easy solution would be to use an iPhone vent or windshield mount and then at least I know I've got a text message, it will stay on the screen so I can at least read it at the next traffic light. Just saw the iOS 9 update show up on my iPhone 5s, will wait and see a bit as a few are having other weird issues with it.

Back