Can't send coordinates to car!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat

Google Maps still allows me to send addresses to the car (although the last time I used it, nothing downloaded in the car). What it no longer does, though, is allow me to send coordinates to the car. It will still locate the coordinates on a map, but the link to send to car doesn't appear. I used Google Maps for geocaching but can no longer do so unless I first look up on a map or GoogleEarth where the closest or most convenient street address is to the desired waypoint, then enter that address into GoogleMaps. And it still won't work at all in Firefox, only in Chrome. The send to car feature is almost useless to me now. In fact, unless the car can download the location, it is totally useless, which seems to be the current state.

I can still send an address to the car, but I can't retrieve it in the car (so, useless). For coordinates, pretend you want to drive there (so, calculate a route), and afterwards click the destination pin. At that point the info box will have the "send" option showing. This is in Google Maps, using Chrome. I just tried Firefox and it gave me the "send" choice even without making a route.

This is dependent on the coordinates being resolvable to an address. Looks like it will choose something close. Not sure how useful this is if you're geocaching, though. And if the "can't get the car to retrieve it" problem persists, well, as I said, "useless".

Also, you can tell Google Maps to revert to the Old Way (choose the question mark at the bottom). Then I get the 2012 behavior where it sends, then says, "Can't do it...try later". Have I already said, "useless" ?

Back