It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:38 am 

Delivery Date: 28 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 4777
Is it 100% for sure this is your carwings login at nissanusa.com/owners? I did the send to car and it's not showing up on carwings.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:43 am 
Gold Member

Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0213
sirfergy wrote:
Is it 100% for sure this is your carwings login at nissanusa.com/owners? I did the send to car and it's not showing up on carwings.

Did you download it to the car? I'm not sitting in my car right now. But you have to go Carwings/All Information Feeds/Google Maps (or something like that). Then, when the stuff stored there starts to download (if you have more than one destination you've sent). You need to press pause and select it as a new destination.

L1 EVSE upgrade.
FIAMM horns.
Superbright LED lighting.
2013 sun visors.
LED shifter.
Heated seats.
AV L2 EVSE (self-installed).
6.2kW DC of Sunpower PV.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:03 pm 

Delivery Date: 08 Sep 2011
mwalsh wrote:
sirfergy wrote:

Did you download it to the car? I'm not sitting in my car right now. But you have to go Carwings/All Information Feeds/Google Maps (or something like that). Then, when the stuff stored there starts to download (if you have more than one destination you've sent). You need to press pause and select it as a new destination.

Solangelist said he used the method successfully over a period of time so I think he knows how to do it. I think it's a hardware problem. Take it to the dealer.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:39 am 

Delivery Date: 12 Dec 2012
Hello everybody:

I'm a new Leaf owner from Southern CA and was curious as to why you'd ever need to use Google Maps to send your car a destination rather than simply using the navigation in the car itself.

Thanks to everyone for all the great information in this forum. Driving this new car is a total thrill... and I look forward to the day when I can shout out to the guy in the Prius next to me, "Hey buddy... get that gas guzzler off the road, will ya?!" :lol:

Many thanks!

SirLeaf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:49 am 
Gold Member

Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
SirLeaf wrote:
Thanks to everyone for all the great information in this forum. Driving this new car is a total thrill... and I look forward to the day when I can shout out to the guy in the Prius next to me, "Hey buddy... get that gas guzzler off the road, will ya?!" :lol:

Heh. If I finally get a Leaf, I'll probably buy a license plate frame for my Prius that says "Prius is my gas guzzler".

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:32 am 

Delivery Date: 15 Sep 2011
Leaf Number: 7964
SirLeaf wrote:
I'm a new Leaf owner from Southern CA and was curious as to why you'd ever need to use Google Maps to send your car a destination rather than simply using the navigation in the car itself.
Oh, I doubt I ever need to do so, but it is often convenient. If I'm at the keyboard and find a location I want to visit, it is much easier to send it to the LEAF, than it is to jot the location on a scrap of paper and go out to the cold garage, turn the car on, and punch in the location.

But, to each his own.

BTW, welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your LEAF as much as I do mine.

Bill

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:40 pm 

Delivery Date: 28 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 4777
SirLeaf wrote:
Hello everybody:

If you're already in the car and don't want to stop, it's easier to use Google Maps. Or you really don't like using the onscreen keyboard. The Windows Phone app LEAF Commander lets you send the address to your car, and integrates with the built in search so you can be looking for somewhere to eat and then send it to your car.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:08 am 

Delivery Date: 15 Nov 2012
Leaf Number: 018970
I downloaded the new Google Maps to my iPhone the other day. I pulled up a route on it to test it out and I noticed that the Leaf Navi used it (over Bluetooth) to speak the directions. Is that a known feature or something with the new Google Maps? I find that the Leaf Navi is difficult to work with, so I'll be using this method from now on.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:48 pm 

Delivery Date: 08 Sep 2011
sirfergy wrote:
SirLeaf wrote:
Hello everybody:

If you're already in the car and don't want to stop, it's easier to use Google Maps. Or you really don't like using the onscreen keyboard. The Windows Phone app LEAF Commander lets you send the address to your car, and integrates with the built in search so you can be looking for somewhere to eat and then send it to your car.

Another good reason: the nav in the Leaf is terrible at finding intersections. On at least three occasions I've been in the Leaf and wanted to go to an intersection but couldn't because the Leaf didn't recognize one or both streets. First you have to know the city, which isn't always easy here in Silicon Valley where 13 cities mash together in various jigsaw shapes. If you don't, you put the name of the first street in and then have to scroll down till you find the likely city. You choose that. The you do the same for street 2. Even if this works, it takes forever and you have to be pulled over and parked to do it. When you start to push the buttons for the street names of either or both, other letters start to disappear from the touchscreen. For example, if you press EL-space-C and El Camino Real is the only street in that city in the database starting with those letters, the only letter that will be highlighted (and pushable) next is the A. What happens a lot is that it only has major intersections, so even though you know X and Y intersect, after you press X and then it asks for the second street, street Y isn't there. You can't even enter the name because the letter you want isn't highlighted. Yet if you enter the exact numerical street address, either on X or Y, it will find it and navigate you there. For some reason, available streets in the database for intersections is much smaller than in the address and navigation database.

Second reason: for geocachers or Munzee players you can't enter coordinates in the car.

Google Maps has no problem with any of these entry methods. You can find them there at home/office/smart phone and send them to the car and then pull them up while driving.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:18 am 

Leaf Number: 401511
I find it annoying that you can't stop the Google-Send to Car feed from redownloading every time you turn the car on with the map screen on. This seems to be an issue from the 2011 models and also affects my 2013.

2009 Ford Escape Hybrid 4x2 (30 mpg avg), 86,000 miles

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next