Accept/Decline or ??

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKPnSF

Come on now. Each time we use the car we have to "accept" or "decline" the agreement on the Nav system? What's up with that? I know we are a litigious country, but come on. Not only is it annoying, but we find it somewhat insulting and it would seem an easy fix.

Does anyone know if we accept or decline the agreement when a major function button is depressed on that screen thereby bypassing the agreement?

Someone was talking about offering a software update for the LEAF a few weeks ago that would do a few things including this. I couldn't find the thread. Maybe he will chime in to let you know what's the status on this.

I had a loaner Hyundai Sonata with a Nav. system. It did the same thing. A button had to be pushed. It doesn't really bother me.

This warning has nothing to do with Nav, though it appears on the center ("Nav") screen.

The "warning" is for permission to send YOUR data to Nissan's Carwings.

If you "bypass" the screen, I believe it comes back if/when you try to access/use any Carwings functions, like download new charging station locations.

It's a stupid annoyance, brought to you by the same rabid lawyers who brought you click-through software license agreements, email footers ("if you are not the intended recipient"), and warning labels on hair dryers not to use them in the bath.

But to me it's not quite as annoying as the press-to-agree screen on my Prius NAV screen, where you agree not to get so engrossed playing with the NAV that you forget to look where you're driving. It too has to be pressed every time you start the car, if you want to see a map. But the LEAF at least presents its annoyance screen right at the start. In the Prius it appears when you first select map or destination, so it's three clicks: map, agree, and map again.

Yes, I wish Nissan would fix it. But not as much as I wish someone would finally build some public L3, L2, and L1 charging stations. Nor as much as I wish the battery had 50-100% more capacity. Nor even as much as I wish the glovebox had 50-100% more capacity.

They could have made it a drunk test, varying the text each time to tell you an 8-digit code number to enter, then requiring your RFID's pin number, and finally your own ID, Driver's License number, and Social Security number ... before the car will even move! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Better know as our ludicrous U.S. tort system. No where else in the world is there such legal stupidity! Blame the legislatures who crafted it...

walterbays said:
It's a stupid annoyance, brought to you by the same rabid lawyers who brought you click-through software license agreements, email footers ("if you are not the intended recipient"), and warning labels on hair dryers not to use them in the bath.

garygid said:
This warning has nothing to do with Nav, though it appears on the center ("Nav") screen.

The "warning" is for permission to send YOUR data to Nissan's Carwings.

If you "bypass" the screen, I believe it comes back if/when you try to access/use any Carwings functions, like download new charging station locations.

The fact that so many people still think this is associated with the nav system just goes to prove that these notices are worthless. People aren't reading them anyway, so what's the point? :)

blorg said:
The fact that so many people still think this is associated with the nav system just goes to prove that these notices are worthless. People aren't reading them anyway, so what's the point? :)

So, So True! :lol:

dlich18 said:
blorg said:

So, So True! :lol:

Why not just make it a monthly request or even weekly or even daily. Why does it have to ask every time the car is turn on? I'd be happy to share my data for a month if the prompt came up and asked. Heck they could have a prompt come up with 4 buttons, Do you want to share your data with Nissan? ---> "Month" "Week" "Day" "NO". Then we would have a choice in how much data is shared and those of us who want longer periods would have that option.

If your friend borrows yor car, crashes, etc, and didn't get the benefit of the disclaimer, enter the laibility. Thank you lawyers... :evil:

mossyleaf said:
If your friend borrows yor car, crashes, etc, and didn't get the benefit of the disclaimer, enter the laibility. Thank you lawyers... :evil:
Crashes because Carwings was getting data while he was driving????? That's a new one.

mossyleaf said:

its not his data. It's my car therefore its my data regarding the battery usage and anything else. That data going back to Nissan is not really related to who is behind the wheel. The real danger is for me to allow somebody else to send data in to Nissan in my name.

Hello,

Thank you all for the informative forum. I've used it a few times while learning the quirks of our new toy. We've had our Leaf since September and love it so far with almost 5k on the odometer. We charge to 100% every night, because our mileage is "right" on the 80% bubble whether we'd have enough charge for our daily commute or not.

Back to the thread... This is one of the single most annoying features, along with the inability to use the NAV while moving. Has anybody figured out a way around these two items yet?

Thanks,

Brendan

tiltedworld said:
greenleaf said:
Accept/Decline or ??
I press the MAP button.
I'd rather not press anything repeatedly, except Start.
Well, since that screen can be used for many different things, it seems you would have to push some button to tell it which function you want. (Though I admit it would be nice if there was a setup option for your preferred display.) If you don't want to see the screen at all, it can be turned off. Unfortunately it comes back on the next time you start the car! What you can do (if you want to ignore the screen) is push the day/night button at the bottom left corner of the screen, then the left arrow (triangle, really) at the bottom of the touch screen until the brightness is one bar. Now you can barely see anything, and the car does remember that setting for subsequent start-ups.

Ray

Back