I need to find something to block the gear

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p4ppo

Hello, i'm new to this forum.

I'm looking for a way to block from moving my Leaf with a relais (that i will command via an App).

The problem is that, obviously, the Leaf does not have a start motor like a fuel car or something similar...

When you are inside and you press the start button, the car can move. The problem is that the relais must be powered when the car is on, otherwise it will consume the service battery too fast.

So i was thinking of how I could stop the car from moving after the Start button is pressed. The only thing i found was the gear. I could drive the gear with my relais, so the workflow should be: I push the Start Button, the relais will be powered and it will open the circuit, so the gear is not powered, my app says the relais can close the circuit, and the gear will be powered.

I don't know if this is a good solution, i could not think of anything else...

Now the problem is that i asked to my Nissan dealer to know which is the wire i need to intercept, with no success and i could not find any online resource about the connectors and wires... I don't want to cut all wires to find the one i'm looking for... anyone of you maybe can help me?

The Nissan is a 2016 model, if it can help

The car is not allowed to move when it is plugged in. Perhaps you should make your circuit simulate the signal that makes the car think it is plugged in. That may be easier to figure out than the gear.

In order to be able to move the car, the brake must be depressed when you press the Start button AND when you move the hockey puck to the "D" position. Merely depressing the Start button switch is not enough to allow the car to move.

Also, the 2013+ models have a foot-operated parking brake which can only be engaged/disengaged manually. If you're really paranoid you can also use wheel chocks.

RonDawg said:
In order to be able to move the car, the brake must be depressed when you press the Start button AND when you move the hockey puck to the "D" position. Merely depressing the Start button switch is not enough to allow the car to move.

Also, the 2013+ models have a foot-operated parking brake which can only be engaged/disengaged manually. If you're really paranoid you can also use wheel chocks.

Yes you are right, that's why i would like to find the fuse/wire which manage the hockey puck, because it's the way I can use a relais to allow the car to move remotely.

I cannot interfere with the brake or the "hand" brake.
It's not a matter of paranoia, it's just a matter of automating the car via an app. I can already open and close the door, the windows, the charge cover... now i'm dwelling with the block...

Back