Climate Control Timer

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scaramanga

This may be my deficiency in being able to read and understand directions, but I'm a car manual reading fool, so I don't think so, but:

It would be nice to be able to have the Climate Control Timer function turn on for AM timeframes when I leave for work and then also turn on for PM timeframes when I return to my car.

Example: I drive to the train station at 5:30am, and pre-heat the car at 5:20am while the car is still plugged in, seats on high, steering wheel, cabin @ 70. Lovely. When I return to the train station at 5:35pm this old guy would like the car heated (theroetically cooled) to 70 because I live in Seattle and it's cold and rainy here a lot. Despite all the great coffee and Pearl Jam, it makes us irritable.

It seems like you only get one climate control 'ON' period per day, although the 2nd timer allows you to have the timer turn on at a different time on days other than already used on timer 1. This isn't that useful.

Ideally, the timer function would have 2 'ON' times per day for 7 days a week.

That being said, yes i can use the Nissan Connect app and turn on the heater 15 minutes up the train track every evening and do, but c'mon.

My $0.02

Maybe it's just because we're all freezing and wet up here. :/

You can use the app to set a Climate Control timer, instead of trying remember to turn it on during the trip home. You do need to set it every day, but you can do it in the morning and not have to worry about it for the rest of the day.

Back