Waiting to Charge Indicator Should Stay On

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PianoAl

Currently, when in timed charging mode, when you plug in, you see the blue LED lights light up in order: 1 then 2, then 3, etc.

This happens for only a few minutes, and then all the lights go out.

The problem with that is that "all lights out" could indicate either of two things>

1. Timed charging is not set up, or
2. Timed charging is set up, but not in the last few minutes

This problem caused us to have an uncharged car this morning. That is, if the display continued, we would have noticed when we checked the car before going to bed.

Yes, perhaps the flashing LEDs would drain the battery a tiny bit, but that's a small price to pay.

I have been playing with the "S" dash timer also.... And this happened to me.

I seem to see that the car will not accept a charge if you had set the timer to stop before.. I was at a chargepoint charging station yesterday, and the car also made beeps, lit all three lights and just stopped there... The chargepoint computer gave an error code that "car has paused the charging process" or something like that.

I went into the dash menu, and the last choice is to "RESET" the entire computer. That worked, charging without incident.

I think that once you set the manual charging timer, the car does not charge until you "turn off" the timer or set the timer to a new "off time"..

Back