1. Put as many features of carwings into wifi and bluetooth as possible. If a phone pairs with the car for voice calling, it should be able to pair with the car for data transmission, perhaps using bluetooth 3.0 or simple wifi hotspot.
2. Offer an option for a 32kw battery pack (at considerable expense). There are many cars that offer a high-performance engine option at considerable expense, and this would be a natural choice to alleviate range anxiety.
3. Use a software package that supports installed apps.
4. Support a third-party API to download performance data (at least through OBD2 extensions).
5. offer an option for Shai Agassi's exchangable battery packs (www.betterplace.com
In case they decide to strengthen their lobbying/policy work:
1. Form an industry group with Ford & Mitsubishi to support better home installations of chargers.
2. Lobby Congress to promote cheap charging at off-peak hours. The PG&E E9A rate plan is a travesty.