Have Streamlined Roadside Assistance Number

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PianoAl

I called the Roadside Assistance number to see how it works.

I had to go through about three different menu trees, plus listen to "May be monitored or recorded" and greetings in Spanish. I wouldn't want to go through that at the edge of a busy highway.

It would be good to have one number just for initiating roadside assistance. I know, unlikely to happen.

BTW, after you call 1-877-NOGASEV (1-877-664-2738) press 1 and then press 1. They require your VIN. I'm putting that info on a card in the car.

Thank you for this information. On the same topic of Roadside Assistance, is it always the norm that if a Leaf runs out of energy on the road, that roadside assistance will send a truck to carry/tow it to the nearest Nissan dealership? Is there nothing like a giant battery booster that could be carried in a vehicle that could just pull up to the dead Leaf to give it a jolt of energy?

Leafabout said:
Thank you for this information. On the same topic of Roadside Assistance, is it always the norm that if a Leaf runs out of energy on the road, that roadside assistance will send a truck to carry/tow it to the nearest Nissan dealership? Is there nothing like a giant battery booster that could be carried in a vehicle that could just pull up to the dead Leaf to give it a jolt of energy?
It would be awesome if Nissan had that service/capability.

AAA came out with a "Roadside Assistance Truck Capable of Charging Electric Vehicles".
http://newsroom.aaa.com/2011/07/ev-charging-statio/

I know I've read this story before but had no idea it was from 2011.

Yes, thank you for that information. I checked the article that you provided. It was, as you said, from 2011 and AAA was just beginning that mobile charging program. It was only in a few of the large cities. The trucks provided 3 to 15 miles worth of range or charge. I guess the program didn't prosper as it is not available where I live. The AAA would simply come out and tow my Leaf if I were to run out of juice, which I am unlikely to do. Again, thanks for providing the article as I found it very interesting.

Back