REAR WINDOW NEEDS WINDOW WASHER

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be pretty inexcusable if Nissan really cheaped out that much. Windshield washer fluid to the rear window of a hatchback is a bit of a necessity.

OMG! I got it!!! I have been driving this car for almost a year and just now found how to make the washer work! I read the manual, and could not understand how they explained it... You push the entire STALK forward on the right side, just like the high beams on the left! I got to tell you , that I have been driving for 40 years, have owned over a dozen cars, and never saw this... It has always been that you TURN the rear wiper switch a little extra, or PUSH the end of the stalk inwards towards the steering column :lol: , but NEVER PUSH the stalk AWAY from you ... Thank you so much!!

I had much the same experience. I actually tried the switch correctly early on, but the first time it's used it can take 10 seconds or so for the fluid to reach the nozzle.

FWIW, I have owned 4 cars with rear wipers, and there were 3 different ways to turn on the rear wipers and washer fluid. The two cars that were the same were both Hondas; Nissan and Ford each had their own methods. So it seems to just be manufacturer-dependent unlike the front washer fluid, which seems to be much more standardized.

powersurge said:
OMG! I got it!!! I have been driving this car for almost a year and just now found how to make the washer work! I read the manual, and could not understand how they explained it... You push the entire STALK forward on the right side, just like the high beams on the left! I got to tell you , that I have been driving for 40 years, have owned over a dozen cars, and never saw this... It has always been that you TURN the rear wiper switch a little extra, or PUSH the end of the stalk inwards towards the steering column :lol: , but NEVER PUSH the stalk AWAY from you ... Thank you so much!!

I got you beat! 2 years now and untill this thread I didn't even know it had one!

Back