Cabin storage inadequate

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strombo1

1) As was mentioned in other threads, the glove compartment is small enough to be virtually useless.
2) The cup holders can't hold a large drink (McD's or similar) without hitting the underside of the dash.
3) The console storage is tiny.
4) There are no cup holders in the back seat.

For tips on increasing storage, check out the Prius - it had all kinds of places to stash stuff.

This is probably the first thing I noticed when I got my Leaf. I was shocked that a brand new $30k+ car had so little storage. Heck, they don't even have back seat pockets, something that costs nothing to add and takes up zero space.

get .PDFs for all the manuals and keep them on your smartphone. Then you can remove the Box O' Books from the glovebox :)

strombo1 said:
1) As was mentioned in other threads, the glove compartment is small enough to be virtually useless.
2) The cup holders can't hold a large drink (McD's or similar) without hitting the underside of the dash.
3) The console storage is tiny.

Yep - I could no longer store my Glock 19 in the center console, had to switch to a smaller gun when I got the Leaf.

Nubo said:
get .PDFs for all the manuals and keep them on your smartphone. Then you can remove the Box O' Books from the glovebox :)
Excellent idea. I have had the pdf manuals on my computer for years — and they're the only ones I use — but it never occurred to me to put them on my phone and leave the books at home. Thanks!

Up here in Massachusetts, I find using the manuals cheaper than buying a set of these for when I'm stuck in another 4' snow pile. :lol:

LeftieBiker said:
I like the smaller cup holders. They prevent passengers from having ridiculously large drinks in my car. I wouldn't mind some pockets, though.
I'm totally OK with my passengers not having ridiculously large drinks..
But what about my own ridiculously large drinks!!! ;-)

desiv

soda-sizes.jpg

What's next!?

:lol:

big-gulp.jpg

^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Great post Nubo :!:

I do miss the large cup options when buying unsweetened tea.
But maybe that much unsweetened tea isn't all that good for you either :?

Back