Increase Visibility

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greengate

I know of several Nissan salespersons who are "stuck" in leases they have with Nissan ICE vehicles. They would like to be driving and showing the Leaf, but they can't.

My suggestion is for Nissan to, if the sales people wish, cancel their leases,( without penalty,) and put them in Leaf's leases.

Thoughts?

greengate said:
I know of several Nissan salespersons who are "stuck" in leases they have with Nissan ICE vehicles. They would like to be driving and showing the Leaf, but they can't.

My suggestion is for Nissan to, if the sales people wish, cancel their leases,( without penalty,) and put them in Leaf's leases.

Thoughts?

the relationship is between the dealership and the sales people, not Nissan and the sales people. Nissan would need to make cars available to give to the dealerships for sales people to use.
supplies of the LEAF currently tight so making loaners or demo vehicles available in such a tight market is probably not in the cards

If those Nissan sales people are stuck in leases and now want something else, they have to do what the rest of the car buying public does and ride out the lease, or turn it in early with a significant financial penalty. The car buying public certainly does not get a break from their contracts, with rare exceptions.

RonDawg said:
If those Nissan sales people are stuck in leases and now want something else, they have to do what the rest of the car buying public does and ride out the lease, or turn it in early with a significant financial penalty. The car buying public certainly does not get a break from their contracts, with rare exceptions.

I don't think it is the employees that want to break their leases.

I was thinking it might be a good idea to put them in Leaf's for visibility and experience.

If the dealer has to carry the expense of breaking the lease, I can see why this might be a bullet to big to bite.

Anyway, it was just a thought.

(Probably comes from the fact that I am so in love with the car, I want everyone to be driving one!!)

I can see Nissan making a special deal for employees to encourage greater adoption of the Leaf, but that's it.

Not to be too pragmatic, but many, many car salespeople will say whatever they think will get them a sale. "I'd love to drive one myself, BUT" (fill in the excuse) is probably in the top ten...

Back