Nissan Connect EV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat

I have a 2011 Leaf and just upgraded the telematics unit so I can connect remotely again. That was Thursday, 4 days ago. I've downloaded the app, logged in OK, and connected to the Nissan Connect EV site. I've reached the page where it allows me to start charging or start the climate control remotely. I've tried tapping those buttons and the lightning bolt appears for charging and the fan moves for the heating, but nothing happens at the car and I get error messages on the app indicating trouble communicating with the car. I really don't like climbing into a 35 degree car in my gym clothes to go to the gym on a winter morning. Am I doing something wrong? Is the communications system between Nissan and car not working? The guy at the dealer said it takes "a couple of days" for it to start working. Does that really mean a week or two? Advice, please.

Come on, 69 views and no replies? Doesn't anyone else have the app? Does it work for you? Did I just waste $199?

I have a 2018 SV and I have yet to get the official Nissan connect app to work. No matter where my car is parked or how many times I tap refresh it always says "Unable to reach vehicle". If I use the website it works, but slowly as if it is a 2g connection or something. In the IOS store I found an app called EVA that works, but takes forever to load the data. If you have an iphone you might give that a try. Interestingly one thing I had to do to get my drive logs to show up was press the sos button on my roof. It then made a weird activation noise and said something to the effect of you services are now active. I've read the dealer is supposed to do this, but sometimes they don't so that may be your issue.

Rat said:
That was Thursday, 4 days ago. Does that really mean a week or two? Advice, please.

Call Nissan corporate and bug them. In my case, they put the wrong TCU in the car... twice... before getting it correct.

There are already a couple of topics on this. The best solution may be to use the climate control timer. The TCU upgrade is often a waste of money, and can also kill the 12 volt battery.

Rat said:
Come on, 69 views and no replies? Doesn't anyone else have the app? Does it work for you? Did I just waste $199?

Call the EV Customer Service line. Problems could be with new TCU in car, Nissan's servers, or with your EV Connect (CarWings) account. There is a high probability of problems with your account. You did not waste your money, this can be fixed.

I called the main Nissan EV number and the rep there told me the dealer never registered the telematics unit with Nissan. I went into the dealer and they were very apologetic and said they'd take care of it in 10 or 15 minutes. 50 minutes later the service rep came to get me with a paper in his hand and explained that on 11/30, one day after they did the work on my car, a service bulletin came out requiring both a software upgrade and new module for the telematics in cars in my VIN range. They don't have the part and have ordered it. He showed me the sheet and it was dated 11/30 and had a chart with three rows of VIN numbers with different part numbers listed next to them. He was very embarrassed and apologetic, but the bottom line is that I'll have to take it back and start from scratch after they get the new part. FWIW, he said they have registered my car's telematics with Nissan now. I'm not sure how they can do that without the new part, but maybe that will save a step. Ironically, before I brought the car in last week, I called to be sure they had the part.

stutech said:
If I use the website it works, but slowly as if it is a 2g connection or something.

It's slow because of how the system is designed, not the speed of the network. We're talking about sending a few numbers each way, like stuff you can measure in BYTES that would fit into a single packet, so "MEGABYTES PER SECOND" is irrelevant. It doesn't actually use the data network either. Pretty sure it actually communicates with Nissan and vice versa via SMS (text messages).

Back