TCU not activated on Brand new 2018 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrvenaZvezdaXX

Hi!

I have been looking all over this forum, and internet in general, but cannot seems to find an answer to my question.

I bought a Leaf built for France, but me and my car lives in Norway. Since day one the TCU have not been able to connect to anything. So I stopped by my local Nissan dealer and asked them. They said «Uhm... Yeah... We will fix it for you. Just give us 1700NOK (aprox $200)». I asked the for doing actually what? «Euhm... Fix it...»

Should not the TCU work from the factory, and if not, should it not be covered by warranty? Have any one else experienced that the TCU is disconnected/not working from factory?

There should be no charges to make "standard equipment" function in a new car.
It's pretty obvious the TCU was not "activated" when you bought your Leaf; however, there could be issues with cell coverage/provider in the EU (no such problem here in the US).

Thanks for agreeing with me.

Cell coverage in the EU/EEA (where Norway (unfortunally) is a member) is regarded as a single market. So if you have cell coverage in one country you have it in all contries. I think I must argue with Nissan Norway again.

Back