2015 Leaf & Nissan Connect android app

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drewb0y

Just got a 2015 Leaf and went through all the trouble of getting it registered at Nissan from the previous owner, installing the android app etc. and it seems pretty useless so far. Just about anything I select makes the app restart or it says its for 2018 only. I was hoping I could use the charge notifications at least. For other 2015 owners out there, what can I expect and are there other apps that will connect? I already got one of the Llink2 bluetooth OBD2 adapters and the Leaf Spy Pro app.

Thanks in advance!

There are features that only work on 2018, but the basic functions such as charge notifications, status, and remote climate control should work. Can you update status or start/stop climate control through the web site using your computer? If the web site works, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Android app. If the web site does not work, you need to talk to Nissan EV Customer Service to resolve the connectivity issue.

Personnaly, I have not updated to the new app. The initial release of the new app had many problems that were noted in other threads on this forum, but Nissan released an update which supposedly fixed those issues. The old app works fine with my BlackBerry PRIV and 2015 SL so I am staying with it.

Edited to add: For charge notifications such as charging stopped or complete to function, email and/or text notifications must be set up through the web site. These notifications use email or text messages and do not depend upon the Android app.

Are charge notifications working for anyone? My last one was over 8 weeks ago. Remote status (polling) does work.

and it seems pretty useless so far
That basically describes the Nissan Connect app and infrastructure overall...

Back