EV Trip Planner

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

like2bike

I just found EV Trip Planner http://www.evtripplanner.com. It has 2 LEAF settings: LEAF alpha and LEAF beta. I found the LEAF alpha provides the best results based on a quick check of past trips. If anyone has investigated the accuracy of this site for LEAF use. Unfortunately, the tool doesn't seem to have a version number or change log, so we would have to inquire if old results are valid, now improved, etc.

EV Trip Planner seems to me, at least during summer months, to be very close in estimating the actual results. I've ended up just using it for all my EV trip planning instead of a calculator and a range chart.

Mind you I've used it to calculate a 150 mile trip weekly all summer as well as a 380 and a 700 mile trips. Only once did I have to call a tow truck for attempting a route I had actually calculated that I wouldn't make it due to -15°F weather, so that was my own fault.

But other than that, I suggest taking your actual kWh's on your battery either with Leaf Spy or taking a look at your capacity bars and some helpful charts on this site, multiply that by 0.8 so you take off 20% for a buffer zone, and then use EV Trip Planner to see if you'd make it.

Back