NissanConnect EV Android app for owners in Canada with US NissanConnect account

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelb

I'm not sure if there are others like me but I drive a US Import 2015 Leaf in Canada and I have a US NissanConnect EV account. This morning, the app on my Android phone was updated and unfortunately it updated it to the Canadian version of NissanConnect EV (which connects to Canadian servers). Since my account is on the US servers, I could no longer access my account. I tried simply downloading the US version of NissanConnect EV but it's not available from Canada (I also tried using a VPN but that didn't seem to help (I might now have been doing it right)).

I was able to install the US version by downloading the APK to my PC, transferring the APK from my PC to my phone and then installing that way.

Here are the steps I followed:

1. Got a Chrome extension called "APK Installer".
2. Using the extension, I set the country to USA and set the package to "https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aqsmartphone.android.nissan&hl=en&rdid=com.aqsmartphone.android.nissan&pli=1" and then downloaded it.
3. Uploaded the package I just downloaded to my Google Drive
4. From the phone, open Google Drive and open the package and install. And it's working fine for me now.

I can't vouch for the security of doing this. I know nothing of the extension "APK Installer" or of who wrote it but it did appear to work fine for me. You might have to enable installing apps from unsigned sources (not sure if mine was enabled or not when I did it).

Hope this helps,
Mike

p.s. The suggestion to get the APK was JPMs who might be a member of this site - thank you!

Back