Best APP for Remote Heating/Cooling Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jake14mw

Hi all,

I have been using the NissanEV app for doing all the various things that it does. The main purpose is to pre-heat the car before I get in. As many of you know, the NissanEV app is pretty tempermental. It takes a long time to connect with the car, and sometimes it never connects. I know I have seen other 3rd party apps. Which one is the most reliable for simply pre-heating/cooling the car, or checking the range? Thanks, I want to have my wife download an app to her iphone, but I want her to have the most reliable one. Thanks!

I know exactly what you mean and since the carwings protocol is completely decoded and available here (https://github.com/jdhorne/pycarwings2), i decided to fork and make my own changes - https://github.com/apreb/pycarwings2

The changes are basically a command line interface and a frontend.

My way of controlling carwings is to have a web page available (on a always-on Raspberry pi, for instance) and a shortcut on my mobile phone.

ZyHeJVZHXWld6ETvvN97uLlwHxN7bCqISIGVRsT_KX-4Ab-Sk4t6g-UZtpHKU8iHPuF39Au7rTS0lTxo0G64cQ0y6BoamaXAqAUWaqwb72n-PPKpLg_fCGXdMGfKZpJT2nGkPU8lVu21ujFRhLBOpF2NL92FwymVlwXocBHGuaqcqkSEbAIs5U5HECo5wA-WVVq9r_gKG0gc-WNrWHdqx-K3MlK9JRKyszurE84WYusKKIwd8B1HsH-F4pUnykcbf0VhOLo_Ch6s_VOSh8OyJ8MEe29yHdhfOSwPvYKtrvNowUvLfPY0RptM9BL8qJngZIpIz2MAf0FFL4cv_DKO-VjCztkwM8pzoohPKYOLS1cpe_aWR0UQo5DHTVO8jjsAJvL2xNjvRY8nD1copB3jKWJGldWYyvwrtQPBCtbMXD0w1WIs48dLG8XKi-ULvHPZw0ILnBupResTKb5U6G78ijGe_IDhKCHeOcYMwdpWlFtp5wz7AOCKRDxJ1fXhrv-BOhRP1kMV0_Qb9wj9LnEetLlSuIHgpxQ0YXLM1ioUeGOgdoN9KO-tjzEr-tOlPF71BLQzO7IgHHEsFBbl4bGylAq_RIGxdZvnaQJdsVEPa0AyPB-W2MH4cNEWKlJFc4NmeUituJpqgCp8lZBIINdkCTw88hlmr5mv1yWVZlsowA=w433-h633-no

Every time i want to start the climate i just have to click the shortcut and press CLIMATE ON

I've been quite happy since, but still i think the perfect solution would be a physical switch on the wall somewhere on the house.

I'm happy to help anyone who wants to try this.

Sadly, Nissano (http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=21662) no longer works. I had an interface similar to (even simpler) then apr posted above.

I use LEAF Manager on my Android to quickly turn on the HVAC: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=no.darkspawns.leafmanager
It works pretty well (sometimes you get a 401 error and so have to open the settings and click "log in" again).

jake14mw said:
Hi all,

I have been using the NissanEV app for doing all the various things that it does. The main purpose is to pre-heat the car before I get in. As many of you know, the NissanEV app is pretty tempermental. It takes a long time to connect with the car, and sometimes it never connects. I know I have seen other 3rd party apps. Which one is the most reliable for simply pre-heating/cooling the car, or checking the range? Thanks, I want to have my wife download an app to her iphone, but I want her to have the most reliable one. Thanks!

The Nissan ConnectEV app works just fine for me on my Android phone. Sometimes it is slow to connect, and sometimes there are issues caused by a poor internet connection. Also, the app does not connect to the car, it connects to the Nissan Servers, which make the connection to the car over the AT&T cellular network. If you are departing at the same time every morning, there is a Climate Control timer in the car that can be set to condition the car and have it ready for your trip.

The slowness does not dissapear with the alternative methods, but you can just trigger the action an carry on with your life while the scripts do their thing.

I remember sometime last year with a iPhone the app would take almost 1 minute just to load and i had to keep swiping my finger to prevent the smartphone from going to sleep. After that every move inside the app would cost 10's of seconds to execute... it was really annoying.

Back