Nissan Connect/Carwings won't update

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrenc

I paid the $199 to have my telematics updated to 3G, and it's been working fine for the last couple months until a few days ago. Now when I try to update my status, I get the timeout message and an email telling me that vehicle status update has failed. I can still access the history and efficiency records, and they are up to date for my trip to work today.
What's the best workaround for this? Sign out and back into Carwings in the vehicle, pull fuse 34, disconnect the 12V battery or talk to Nissan?
I'm sure they'll just tell me to wait until the car is in a different location or something similar, but I'm really looking forward to using this feature in the winter so I can warm up the cabin while I drink my coffee, and I want it to be somewhat reliable. I could probably set a timer, but my start time can vary by 2 hours on any given day.

Any success? Mine is working for a few days then stops working for like a week. Cycles like this for the last couple months. Pretty annoying. Nissan Connect Support no idea what's wrong.

I'm having the same problem, and pulling the fuse didn't help - now I can't update in the app, and when I tried "send login" on the car, it says connection to the center failed, just like when the upgrade was first installled and not configured properly by the dealership. I do still get my text messages from the car

I noticed that the car was asking me to acknowledge the nag screen every time I started, so I went back into Carwings settings and did it there, and now the Connect App works as normal

I also had the issue with Carwings in car working fine, but the app would not get remote info. The app would retrieve on-line data. I contacted Nissan. They found the car would not respond. Rep said techs would review.
- 2 days later I tried app and did get remote control for one update. Then it went back to no response.
- for a subsequent separate issue with 12v battery, I disconnected the battery for 10minutes. The app now provides remote info including charging status. It still has an issue on grabbing the right SOC%. I can only guess the info source is expected range vs standard number 90 vs. a direct read from vehicle. I can use the expected mileage on app that does update to track progress.

My guess is the modem or firmware has an issue in what used to be called registers. The device does not reset and does not respond after one or two updates. Disconnecting the battery likely did the same thing as pulling a fuse.

mjblazin said:
Disconnecting the battery likely did the same thing as pulling a fuse.

Yes.
I bet Nissan gets more calls related to CarWings/EV Connect than everything else combined: no wonder car manufacturers are not in a hurry to expand telematics!
If you are having to do "fuse pulls" to reset the TCM (after modem upgrades), deleting your saved EVSE locations (including your home) may "fix" the problem. Of course, this assumes it was installed/configured correctly to begin with.

I started having this problem recently and wondered if it has anything to do with several different factors. First I noticed that the app was recently updated and since that time I haven't been able to get the driving history or route planning to work. I get the error 404 message when I try after getting a sign in message screen and since I've already signed in I don't think it's me but their software that's not functioning as it should. I was still able to remote start charging and preheat the car. Then my 12v battery died but being almost 6 years old I just replaced it. After replacing it, I signed back into the Carwings connection from the car, reset all my charge timer preferences, and everything seemed fine for about 3 days except for the route planning and history stuff as mentioned before. As I rarely use those features and feel sure it's their software, I can live without that but I do want to remote check/start charge/status and preheat my car in these winter months and that is why I paid the $199 to update my TCU in the first place on my 2012 Leaf. The car still charges fine on the timers and when I send the sign in with Carwings it appears to have signed in and I can update charger locations etc. in the car. It's just really irritating that I can't use the app or the computer to communicate anything to/from the car. I will try fuse 34 when my grandson gets home with the car tonight. If that doesn't help, I may be taking a trip to Nissan service for their help at what will probably be my $.

Stanton said:
mjblazin said:
Disconnecting the battery likely did the same thing as pulling a fuse.

Yes.
I bet Nissan gets more calls related to CarWings/EV Connect than everything else combined: no wonder car manufacturers are not in a hurry to expand telematics!
If you are having to do "fuse pulls" to reset the TCM (after modem upgrades), deleting your saved EVSE locations (including your home) may "fix" the problem. Of course, this assumes it was installed/configured correctly to begin with.
So simply deleting the charge locations may fix this problem? That is interesting and I will try that soon. I was reluctant to hit the screen button that said "reset to defaults" for fear it may affect the TCU upgrade I already paid $199 for.

JeffnReno said:
I was reluctant to hit the screen button that said "reset to defaults" for fear it may affect the TCU upgrade I already paid $199 for.

Don't do that :eek:
Just delete your saved charge locations (as previously mentioned).

So now that I disconnected the battery cable and I was able to get it logged back in after leaving for 1 hr and reattaching, the car is again able to download everything it needs. However my app 3/4 works. Almost everything on it works, have logged out of it too and back in, and then I can get battery status, kind of. I can remote start the vehicle, see eco results... I CAN NOT just refresh it and get a battery status. I have to perform some other function on the app first that requires connection and let it gets its update, then logout of the app and back in again, and then I see the battery status as of the time I performed that previous action or connection. If I try to refresh or update the battery status again at that point it just doesn't work.

(Funny enough, there is a little app in the iPhone app store called EVA , and that can connect fine now and I can get battery status that way and also precondition car from it. But there is something not working in the new nissanconnect EV app. Also when I add the alexa skill onto my echo, it has the same problem, can never get the battery status.

Looks like Nissan has updated the Connect software to more closely resemble the app.

Trying to get at my driving records isn't working as of the moment. Not the first time that's happened, of course. I hope it's fixed soon.

Stanton said:
JeffnReno said:
I was reluctant to hit the screen button that said "reset to defaults" for fear it may affect the TCU upgrade I already paid $199 for.

Tried that without any results so went ahead and hit the defaults reset without results also. Spent 1.5 hours in a chat session with Nissan and all that resulted was them telling me they would escalate my problem and send me an email when/if it gets resolved. Still waiting on that email for over a week and counting.

JeffnReno said:
Stanton said:
JeffnReno said:

Tried that without any results so went ahead and hit the defaults reset without results also. Spent 1.5 hours in a chat session with Nissan and all that resulted was them telling me they would escalate my problem and send me an email when/if it gets resolved. Still waiting on that email for over a week and counting.

So you want me to say "I told you so"?
At this point, my suggestion is: go back to the dealer and have them configure everything you wiped out.

Stanton said:
JeffnReno said:
Stanton said:

So you want me to say "I told you so"?
At this point, my suggestion is: go back to the dealer and have them configure everything you wiped out.
Good news to report is nothing seems to have been wiped out except the login information and I already had that printed out anyway. The better news is that I can communicate with the car as normal again. I finally decided to pull fuse 34 as was recommended previously. I unplugged the car, popped the hood and found said fuse, pulled it and went took a shower. After about 25 minutes I put the fuse back in, turned on the car, sent the login info as normal. Everything to this point seemed as it had always done on previous failed attempts but this time I plugged the car back in and went into the house and was able to get my charge info on the computer and cell phones. I started the climate control and went out to make sure it had started and no problem, it was on! I used the app to turn it off and have been able to function normally now for the last 3-4 days. Checked it again this am and all is still good. :D

Back