Battery Capacity Warranty Question

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdbmania

I'm happy with my purchase of a used 2013 SV and just got my TCU upgrade and working. That will be nice after my night class!

The car has almost 35k miles on it and only one capacity bar loss, so the range I have right now is probably close to what I had on my original 2011 LEAF. Of course, it's possible that I could lose another bar soon, but even then the range will be fine for the driving I do. What I'm wondering is how possible would it be to lose 3 more bars before the warranty is up as far as capacity? The manufacturing date is 4/13 but I think the car was actually sold in May of 2013. I'm not sure I could lose 3 bars in 3-4 months unless I were to quick charge every day! I'll probably just drive normally and not try to take care of the battery pack. If I can plan on losing 1-2 bars for another 20k miles or so that should last me for a while, perhaps another 2 years or more. Then I can decide if I want to replace the battery or trade it in for a new or newer LEAF.

*Update* I found the warranty manual and saw that the warranty begins when the first person takes delivery of the car, so I'm thinking the warranty started in May of 2013.

Back