Thoughts on Leafspy report

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mylesbp

I looked at a 2012 Leaf today at a used car lot and took it home for an overnight test drive so I could run a leaf spy report since I forgot my scanner at home -

What are people's thoughts on this - And at what point will Nissan replace the battery under capacity warranty?

Thank you for your input!

n2fkux.jpg

300gs2f.png

SageBrush said:
I count 8 bars of capacity
Yep, unless the car wasn't fully booted. Battery's in terrible shape.

Capacity warranty at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=13192. Should be able to get it replaced now as long as the previous person didn't opt out (http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=17045). And, no I don't know the all the details as there were complications where people could opt back in and so on. It never applied to me so I didn't care to follow the details.

OP, can you update your location info via your user name in the upper right > User Control Panel > Profile tab? That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it.

What are your daily driving needs in terms of miles? How much city vs. highway? Will you have the ability to charge at your work/destinations?

Daily is about 13 miles (no access to charging). Once a week it goes to about 35, but I would have access to a DC and L2 charger there.

I checked with a Nissan Dealer and thy show the battery in warranty, but they were not leaf authorized, so I will try to get to another dealer tomorrow to check the battery on their system.

You should be ok for the shorter trip but you will find a 35 mile trip on a single charge in very cold winter temps w/a battery in that bad shape tough. You'll need to charge some.

But, if you get it replaced for free, score! If it for some reason is opted out and ineligible for replacement, walk away unless it's DIRT cheap.

mylesbp said:
Thank you for all the information. What would you consider dirt cheap? It's offered for $7500
For a '12 if you for sure have won the battery lottery, $7500 is probably ok.

If it somehow is ineligible (due to previous driver totally opting out), I'd say no more than $4 or $4.5K. The degradation on those '11 and '12 Leaf batteries sucked.

Back