Carwings problem - Pulling F34 fuse

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonta

Hello Guys!

I have the same problem that I have read a few topics about here, getting the "cannot connect" error in the Nissan EV iPhone app.
A few suggestion is to reboot the in car computer to solve this, by pulling out the fuse called F34.
There seem to have been some pictures on exactly which fuse that is, but all links so far are 404s.

Can someone re-upload a picture of the F34 fuse location?

Thanks!

Has it ever worked? I wouldn't base any (car) trouble-shooting on the phone app.
Depending on the error you receive via the web interface (NissanEV Connect), it could be one of 2 things:
1) reset password/account
2) reset car interface

The first one can be done "on the phone", the second may require a trip to the dealer.

No it has never worked

The symtpoms are as follows:

I open the phone app.
I get a message saying "Sending request, please wait"
I wait for maybe 30 seconds
I then get logged in, and get a information display about the car. However all the numbers are 0.
I click the refresh arrow.
I get a error "The service is unavailable. Try again or contact Nissan"

However, every time I unplug my car from charging, I get a push notification from the app that the charging has stopped, so it seems it has some connection to the car.

If I try the web browser I has previously got an error there as well, but today I got 404 page instead.

To reset the car interface I have understood that instead of getting a visit to the dealer I could just pull this fuse for a few seconds in order to reboot the in-car computer.

If it has never worked, check http://opensignal.com changing the settings to AT&T and deselecting 3G and 4G to show you the 2G coverage. Maybe the problem is that AT&T has already removed the 2G coverage from your area which Carwings uses to connect to Nissan. My coverage was spotty a year ago and recently has gone to only one place in the entire city. I have given up hope trying to connect.

Well since it always notifies me of when charging stops it seems there is some kind of connection.
There is no AT&T on Sweden I am afraid : )

Its the 2016 model also, so I think it should be 3G capable.

I have a simliar issue with my 2016 SV. NIssanConnect never gets info from the Car, despite the TCU reporting that it successfully connected and being able to download feeds. I've had a ticket open with Nissan North America for over a month, since a couple of days after purchase. Initially the TCU was only intermittently connecting, so support blamed that and had me bring it into the dealer. The dealer corrected that problem, and gave the TCU a clean bill of health, but the car was still not communicating with Nissan connect. After a couple of weeks hunting for my case owner every time I called, I eventually found out that they had left a note indicating that it needed to go to back to the dealer.

So I dropped it off there today, and the service rep told me that all the recently sold 2016s were having the same issue. She guessed that it was a problem on the service side, not the vehicle side. In any case before pulling fuses and disconnecting the battery (which I also tried), you may want to give Nissanconnect EV a call and open a ticket. It sounds like you may be a bit better off, since you are actually getting charging notifications. They may even be able to fix it from their side, assuming your TCU is properly communicating with their service.

Here's the F34: http://www.electricvehiclewiki.com/File:Fuse_34_img0469k.jpg

OK: we all violated the cardinal rule of assuming your location...which isn't even in the USA (why don't people include their location in their profile?).
All bets are off: call Nissan and open a trouble ticket.

Location updated : ) Good tip

Well I already have a trouble ticket open with them, but the reason I started this thread is to get a pointer for the fuse to pull, which will reboot the internal computer in the car. Since it has helped others with similar issues.

jonta said:
Well since it always notifies me of when charging stops it seems there is some kind of connection.
There is no AT&T on Sweden I am afraid : )

Its the 2016 model also, so I think it should be 3G capable.
Is your vehicle one intended for your country or some other? If it's an import from say the US, GSM frequencies (at least in the past) tended to be different than what was widely used in Europe unless you had a quad-band or greater phone.

For '15 and earlier Leafs in the US, the TCU will need to be changed when AT&T shuts down 2G networks at end of 2016: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=454332#p454332.
Stanton said:
OK: we all violated the cardinal rule of assuming your location...which isn't even in the USA (why don't people include their location in their profile?).
Indeed. I asked in 2012 at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=9260 to make it mandatory.

Well its sold by Nissan in Sweden so I will assume its not made for the US.
However as I stated in my orginal post, the car has some communication with my phone, as it sometimes (not always) notify me when the charging cable is unplugged.

Still looking for a guide for that F34 fuse. Anyone know where it is? : )

Back