Nissan Connect EV / TCU No Longer Working

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsdugan

I got my 2012 the weekend before last and was able to register and use the Nissan Connect EV app on Android, and access information from the car on the website, so it was setup correct. Now for the last week it has not worked, and the head unit says that it can't connect to the service, but it does show the white car and signal bars at the top of the screen while it is trying to connect. I did an online chat with Nissan, and they were not able to figure anything out on their end besides saying that I should go to a different location to try to get a better signal, and that I should take it to a dealer to figure it out. I explained the issues to the dealership, but they don't seem to have much of an idea of what I am talking about, and don't seem to have any steps to trouble shoot or problem solve to see if the hardware is shot or not. The car is a CPO, so I think I would have a $50 deductable if something needed replaced. If something does need replaced, should I sit tight until we find out how much it will cost to upgrade from 2g to 3g? Any suggestions on how to get the dealer to figure out what the problem is? Anyone else having problems with their TCU? I would really like to take advantage of what Nissan Connect EV and the data logging options that the TCU offers..
Thanks....

You can try having the dealer reset the TCU or disconnect the 12v battery under the hood for 10 minutes. I had to disconnect my recently purchased 11 in order to connect.

Do a search here for removing the F34 fuse to reset the TCU. It is much easier than disconnecting the battery.

Also be aware that AT&T's 2G service is going down in some areas faster than others. It is possible that some of the towers were disconnected in your area. This happened to me recently in my area. Now my connection is very rare.

Back