Charge to x%?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironmanco

I've seen reference of people regularly charging to 75% or 80%. Is this just getting the timer right or is there actually a way to have it stop charging automatically at a certain percentage?

There is no way to do 80% charges in newer leafs. I don't think it has changed in 2016. At DCFC stations, you can sometimes select 80% just because the last 20% takes a long time and others are waiting to charge.

no magic option, just timer math. 80% and 100% are settable options depending on the year of the Leaf but anything else is timer based or someone watching the SOC% and manually unplugging.

Unfortunately, Nissan in their infinite wisdom gave us a charge start API but they do not have a charge stop API. It would be trivial to design a simple API call that kills charging at a given level.

apacheguy said:
Unfortunately, Nissan in their infinite wisdom gave us a charge start API but they do not have a charge stop API. It would be trivial to design a simple API call that kills charging at a given level.

Right - but in the meantime - is there a way to work backwards and just use the embedded timer functionality to stop charging based on current and target SOC (and charging voltage/amperage)?

Back