Where does air exit the leaf /w windows rolled up?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NissanLeafCamper

Hi Guys,

Just wondering where are the exits for the air when thee windows are rolled up? I am planning on doing a camping and I am going to sleep in the leaf with the windows rolled up. I will have a co2 alarm but where does the air exit the leaf? I just don't want to block those spots. I'll run the fan at night :)

TomT said:
Unless you are planning to use a fossil fuel heater, CO2 will not be an issue with the Leaf.

The bigger issue with a fossil-fuel burning heater in an enclosed space is CO, not CO2 which an exhaling human would also produce. However unless he spends DAYS locked up in that car I don't think he'd produce enough CO2 to suffocate from it; heat buildup during the daytime (unless the HVAC is running) is more of a concern. I know I've spent a couple of hours in my car while plugged in a public charging station, and while it got uncomfortable unless I ran the HVAC I certainly didn't feel like I was about to suffocate.

Hi Guys,

I actually did a little bench mark with the leaf the other day at night too see how it would feel. Had someone else with me and it got stuffy fast. The windows got pretty damp and I had each window cracked open just a bit. Also it got hot and humid but that is because it is summer. I think there is a dehumid mode? I read the manual but the steps look confusing. It says it uses the heater. Does this mean the car will get hot? How exactly do you enter this mode? no fossil fuel heater for me its too hot here in L.A. I'm not entirely sure on using the A/C but the fan seems okay. It almost looked like it was draining 1% every 15 minutes but I wasn't really timing it. 1% per 15 minutes seems like a lot to me. In 8 hrs thats a chunk of the battery power for sure.

Buy some mosquito netting and sew it up to fit over your rear doors. Pocket style. Slide them on, close the door and roll down the windows enough to allow the moisture and heat from your body to dissipate.

I don't think you've mentioned what temps you need to counteract, but if it were me, I'd use one or two little 200 watt ceramic space heaters, run from an inverter tied to either the car's 12 volt system (with the car in Ready Mode) or a good-sized storage battery. I tested a cabin heating system using them, and it was able to keep the interior temp at 45F or so with outside temps in the high teens, IIRC. They should be able to keep the interior comfy and dry in normal camping temps. Just make sure that they are mounted securely if they don't have tip-over switches.

Back