How does carwings work?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dyefrog

Newbie question so move it if necessary. Did a search but couldn't read through 236 pages for my specific question. Does the ability to pre-condition your Leaf via carwings only work when plugged in?

No -- you can set the climate timer for any time in the future or simply turn on the climate control immediately if you want to pre-condition the interior right away ... response time via an iPhone or web site can be a bit slow (it's a 2G AT&T cell connection) and you may need to try a few times but not restricted to the car being plugged in. Running the AC won't effect the battery capacity much, running the heat (especially on an '11/'12) will though; comes in real handy when its 90 F outside !

Dyefrog said:
Newbie question so move it if necessary. Did a search but couldn't read through 236 pages for my specific question. Does the ability to pre-condition your Leaf via carwings only work when plugged in?

No, but you will only get 15 minutes of conditioning (hot or cold) when it is NOT plugged.

Climate control timer (on navigation screen) only works when plugged in. Remote climate control activation through CarWings via smart phone and internet works whether or not Leaf is plugged in. Climate control runs for 2 hours after remote activation if plugged in or 15 minutes if not plugged in.

Gerry

Back