Annual battery check report seriously underwhelming

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanSqB

I'm not exactly sure what I was expecting. Maybe some data, maybe some graphs. However, the report given to me by Nissan today after my first annual battery check was more reminicent of a kindergarten report card. I was praised by the service advisor for not charging when over 80% too much, for not driving too hard, for not fast charging, and something else I honestly can't remember.

Anyway, I got 5 STARS on every category so I guess I get to have an ice cream or a free sandwich from Burger Queen or something.

This is probably the motivation I needed to finally break down and purchase an ODB connector and Leaf Spy and get it over with. I really want to know what's going on in there, but up until now that desire has conflicted with my cheapskate tendancies.

I don't know the purpose of this post other than to vent a little and to let you know that if you haven't gotten your first battery check done yet, temper your expectations.

-Alan

Yes Alan, the battery review is just a report on the driver's habits, and nothing to do with the health of the battery pack. With my first Leaf I got 5 stars, and lost a capacity bar at 6,771miles.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=8260 was an old thread about what was in the battery report, at the time. I wonder if it has changed at all.

And, I wonder what battery info Nissan receives via Carwings and whether the battery report has more info on an S trim (since it has no cellular radio) than the SV/SL.

But yeah, the printout is crap. I wouldn't be surprised if the battery report, way too often brake fluid changes and cabin filter changes were all concessions that Nissan made to at least sorta maintain income for service departments since they won't be going in for air filter, oil, belt and spark plug changes,

mkjayakumar said:
That annual battery check is a joke. A hogwash that tells you or even Nissan I guess nothing.

I am guessing Nissan gets a lot more detailed information about charging, status, etc than is on the star reports. I would say it's invaluable for usage patterns, battery degradation, etc.

Back