Just pumped my tires to 42 PSI after...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NissanLeafCamper

...getting a message stating to check my tire pressure. I checked manually each tire and the PSI was 30 on all and 29 on the passenger front side. All tires are ECOPIA brand. What I noticed right away is that, as I normally drive in Eco Mode, I usually get a range equal to that of the value on the battery, if not a little less. After pumping up the tires the range value went up by what appears to be 4 points?!

At the same time I just recently lost 1 of my 12 tiny bars on the far right. How are the miles going to balance out between more PSI tire pressure and gains in miles and also the loss of one of the 12 tiny capacity bars???

You will gain a few percent with the higher tire pressure. However, you have lost 15% at least of your battery cAPACITY WITH THE LOSS OF THE FIRST BAR... So, a large net deficit...

NissanLeafCamper said:
How are the miles going to balance out between more PSI tire pressure and gains in miles and also the loss of one of the 12 tiny capacity bars???

TomT said:
You will gain a few percent with the higher tire pressure. However, you have lost 15% at least of your battery cAPACITY WITH THE LOSS OF THE FIRST BAR... So, a large net deficit...

NissanLeafCamper said:
How are the miles going to balance out between more PSI tire pressure and gains in miles and also the loss of one of the 12 tiny capacity bars???

Drats, and I just did a 60 mile trip today :(. Here is me hoping the loss and gain in the respective category can help me ease up the burden :(. I am charging right now for an hour and will see how my run will be tomorrow. Should hopefully be about 30 or 40 miles at the most. One hour should get me through.

Back