Least number of miles from a full charge?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
I wonder how few miles are possible from a degraded LEAF when adopting an "I don't give a sh*t" attitude when it comes to efficiency?

I've always been horrible when it comes to efficiency around town. I don't know why, and it's never bothered me because, you know...it's around town. But with 3 bars gone and coming up on losing the 4th pretty soon, I'm managing fewer than 40 miles from a full charge. WooHoo!

My battery isn't highly degraded - less than 15% at least (I still have all 12 bars, and last I checked LeafSpy I was at 12% degradation). That said, I have gotten as few as about 30 miles on a 100% charge. It's not hard for me to get less than 2 miles/kWh if I don't pay attention to efficiency. I have a 2012 (no heat pump), so driving 75 MPH with the heat blasting when it is -20F outside will net me under 2mpk. Oh, and it doesn't help that I replaced the tires with cheapo non-LRR tires.

:twisted:

15-20 miles...but that's when it's 5* F, 1 battery temp bar and running heater on full blast. Still not quite accurate as it was an 80% charge but it was post 1 bar loss....edit...and city driving not highway.

Back