Neutral instead of Regen hack?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Limey

Has anybody been able to hack their car so that you only coast when not accelerating? With regen only kicking in when you touch the break pedal?

That would be nice, and that is how the e-Golf works. The brake pedal is where the slowing control should be. And coasting is the best way to drive efficiently.

Disclaimer: I am no expert on efficiency, these are just my educated guesses based on how my car "feels" to be slowing in compairison to the other methods to slow the force.

I know that it's not 100% as efficient as "neutral" coasting with no regen until breaking, but if you drive in "D" with "B" also engaged, that's pretty close to 100% efficient. You're really splitting hairs to weigh the very little regen in drive mode as anything appreciative. I would at least use this method if I were you...

It's not even close to 100%, last time I read about this, I believe the recovery percentage was more like 40%-50% depending on how you calculate this number (which is really impressive to begin with).

Personally, I would prefer to feel a little 'snap' in the accelerator pedal movement, so it's easy to hold it in N, but not enough to bother you while regenerating/accelerating, and still allow single-pedal driving.

I just shift into neutral when going down hill. The regen I get really isn't worth it (from my unscientific findings) I would rather coast and not use any battery vs trying to get some charge back) I get a lot more distance that way.

Latest posts

Back